Something is not pulling it's weight. Mouse lag.

Aymanb

Reputable
Feb 3, 2016
Hey.

I have had this problem for like 6 months now and It's been driving me crazy. Long story short, mouse feels laggy as hell, like having vsync on, it goes on weird paths/behaviors.. if I do fast swipes, it can barely follow my hand movements.

But it gets "fixed" or just better by doing some random stuff... first time it was by me changing the scaling options and yesterday it was by me loading the monitor ICC profile.

BUT I have a theory that the reason ICC profile worked, was because it almost ruined everything visually, colors became washed out and the transition layers in graphics were horrible... it was not a smooth looking screen, you could see the flaws when there is color transitioning.... Overall, it degraded the graphics by alot, which made the mouse feeling much better, but not in games.

What I HAVE done:

• ■ Tried new mice
    ■ Replaced every part of my PC, including graphics card and motherboard
    ■ Reinstalled drivers, and windows a thousand time
    ■ Updated all drivers, flashed BIOS, downgraded drivers to older versions, used DDU
    ■ Made sure graphics card is on full clock speed and power management, same in windows
    ■ Benchmarked the graphics card and CPU, fps is absolutely fine and games run smooth, just the mouse feeling suck

The only thing I have not tried, is a new monitor, but I want a confirmation before I buy random stuff. Thanks a lot.

Specs:

I5-3570K / I5-6600K
MSI Z77A-G43 / Asrock BTC H61 / MSI B150 Gaming M3
MSI GTX 660 TI / GTX 960
Kingston HyperX 8GB / Kingston Fury Black 16 GB
Corsair TX650 / Evga SuperNova G2 650w
Intel 520 SSD / Samsung 850 Evo
BenQ XL2411T