Question Something is seriously wrong with my PC [HELP]

Jan 26, 2020
So for the last few weeks, I've had these issues with my pc. It started out small and have since then just gotten worse. Here I'll try to list them all and explain them as best as I can if you need further details or my explanations are poor (English isn't my primary language) leave a comment about which part confuses you and I'll try to explain it in further detail.

To begin with ever since installing all the components in my new PC my mouse has been really weird. It works for some time, but if I'm not in a game it can all of a sudden "disconnect", more often when I'm not using it but also sometimes when I am using it. The LED of the mouse doesn't disappear but it's functions stop working, both the sensor and clicking with the mouse. To fix this I have to re-attach the cable for the mouse. This is a minor issue in all honesty but it's still very annoying having to do this a few times a day. NOTE: The mouse never "disconnects" when I am actually playing a game like cs:go, ark, gta V etc. The mouse also never works when starting up the PC, I always have to re-attach the cable 1 or 2 times.

Then recently my monitor started dying weirdly when I was in games, to fix this I yesterday updated my drivers and I thought all would be fine, but nope it is not fine.

Today when I started playing ARK the game crashed after 5 seconds of joining a world. NOTE: I managed to play ARK the whole day yesterday AFTER updating my drivers but today I can't manage to do it.

Sometimes when I'm watching youtube or Netflix my headset stops working for like 3-5 seconds, and my monitor also freezes then almost making a "shake" and it's all fine again. But this can happen very often when watching videos or Netflix.

A few days back, 5-7 days ago, my PC after having been turned on for almost 2-3 minutes gets restarted randomly. First of all a whole blue windows screen pops up on ONE of my monitors, not both. It always says something like "oops something looks like it's wrong :(" or something similar, can't really remember. Anyways it has left two different error messages: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and also VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR and then it goes from 0-100 % and after it reaches 100% the pc restarts and I don't get that message until the next day when I have manually turned off the pc and I'm ready to sit down at it again.

Extra fun part: While writing this my mouse managed to disconnect itself and I'll now need to re-attach the cable... (the LED of the mouse disappeared for a split second and then suddenly reappeared but now with the mouse not working)

PC specs: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Grushus/saved/HVNZf7
Edit: Ignore the PSU on the list, I had to change the PSU cause it didn't work with the GPU, the current PSU is something called plexgear ps-600BR (can't even find it on pcpartpicker.)

Edit 2: Also I might be in the wrong category, my bad if that's the case.. :/

Last edited:

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Honestly, I would replace that PSU as soon as possible. The Plexgear PS-600BR appears to be of questionable quality and performance and could be very well be affecting your overall system, especially the RX 5700 which requires a minimum 600w PSU. I would replace with a quality 650w to 750w PSU, not a bargain brand device.

Ralston18

Titan
Just as a general observation I believe that the PSU is under wattage for the computer.

And even if not under wattage, the quality/functionality of the PSU may be an issue. The PSU may not be holding up at maximum or near maximum load.

Total up the wattage requirements of all components. If a component has a wattage range then use the high end wattage value.

If the GPU has a recommended PSU wattage use that value.

Total the wattages and add 25%. How close is that final total wattage to 600 watts?

TRENDING THREADS