underarmy60

Prominent
Dec 15, 2017
Spec
Asrock AB350 Pro 4
Galaxy 1060 6GB EXOC
Ryzen 1500x
Stock Cooler

okay now something weird just happen to my pc i dont know what cause it so help me please

My pc suddenly wont turn on but the components and the fans are running

so i try to troubleshoot it by changing from monitor to my tv
my monitor is still analog and i use an active converter from my pc to the monitor
so my first guess that the converter is broken so i bought a HDMI and plug it to my TV but it doesnt work

then i try to reset the CMOS by unplugging the battery, nothing happen also

then i thought it might be short circuit so i try to find any of that, that might cause a short, so i try to shake my cable so the cable is shaking the graphic card (im using the VGA cable and the active converter at this phase) then suddenly the pc is turning on, i turned off the pc then turning it on again, my pc turned on smoothly, so at this moment i rebuild my pc then place it on my desk but i try to turning it on but then again it wont TURN ON!!! (the component and the fans is running) so i shake the cable again while the component is running it turned on and now im typing with my computer!!!

so guys, what is the problem causing this??

im very clueless

Welcome to Tom's!
My guess is that there is an intermittent or loose connection, between the active converter and the GPU.

underarmy60

Prominent
Dec 15, 2017
i do not think that the active converter causing the problem bcs i try to use my TV using the HDMI but nothing is happen but when i try to go back with my monitor using the converter at the first time only the component is running but when i try to shake the cable (the cable shook the graphic card) suddenly it booted to the screen, as for right now my pc is running well and i using it right now

and i forget to mention that i did check the ram and move it into another slot but didnt do the trick

can it be the graphic card or the pcie slot that causing this problem?

underarmy60

Prominent
Dec 15, 2017

the gpu moved cuz i didnt screw it
but as i said before when i screw the gpu and rebuild the pc it wont turn on so tried to unscrew after that shook the gpu again and the pc is booted

and what do u mean by "cable output to tv or monitor does not touch the case side"

sorry engish is my second language

underarmy60

Prominent
Dec 15, 2017

so if it is a short circuit the psu wont power the component???

can it be a motherboard malfunction?

TRENDING THREADS