Question Something Major wrong with PC. Urgent Help Needed!

Jan 24, 2022
I recently upgraded my pc from E7300 to I5-3570 (Used) and H61 Mobo (New) with a new Crucial BX500 240GB SSD. It ran very smooth for few days, but, then it started crashing with: Unexpected Store Exception and Critical Process Died Error.
I tried running everything, I could find on Internet like check disk, sfc/scannow, DISM and as last option, even, reinstalled windows 10, it ran fine for 2 days and then again Unexpected Store Exception Error. Please help me!!!!
Now, I even upgraded to windows 11, again all good with pc, no errors for 2 days, then again system crash with Unexpected Error Exception.
It happen randomly. No Specific time!
e79RR0k.png

4042 Errors!!!This is my 2 week old SSD! What should I Do? The SATA Cable is also brand new!
My Specs are:-
i5-3570
Zebronics H61 Mobo
Crucial BX500 240GB SSD
Seagate ST3500410SV 500GB 7200RPM
DDR3 RAM 2*2GB
Zebronics 450W PSU

Already Tested RAM with MemTest86 no error found.
Both SSD and Hard Drive Show 100% Good Health on CrystalMark and Crucial Storage Executive.

Last edited:
I recently upgraded my pc from E7300 to I5-3570 (Used) and H61 Mobo (New) with a new Crucial BX500 240GB SSD. It ran very smooth for few days, but, then it started crashing with: Unexpected Store Exception and Critical Process Died Error.
I tried running everything, I could find on Internet like check disk, sfc/scannow, DISM and as last option, even, reinstalled windows 10, it ran fine for 2 days and then again Unexpected Store Exception Error. Please help me!!!!
Now, I even upgraded to windows 11, again all good with pc, no errors for 2 days, then again system crash with Unexpected Error Exception.
It happen randomly. No Specific time!
e79RR0k.png

4042 Errors!!!This is my 2 week old SSD! What should I Do? The SATA Cable is also brand new!
My Specs are:-
i5-3570
Zebronics H61 Mobo
Crucial BX500 240GB SSD
Seagate ST3500410SV 500GB 7200RPM
DDR3 RAM 2*2GB
Zebronics 450W PSU

Already Tested RAM with MemTest86 no error found.
Both SSD and Hard Drive Show 100% Good Health on CrystalMark and Crucial Storage Executive.
Reseat the ssd sata and power cable on both ends....test.
If no help try a different sata port on the mobo....test.
If no help swap sata and power cables with the hdd....test.

Jan 24, 2022
Was this a full format and install of windows?
Or just a reset/repair?
When you change motherboard and processor it is advised to do a fresh windows install not a reset or repair.
I always do fresh windows Installation using a freshly created bootable USB Drive.
So, no issues with Windows Installation.
Plus all these times whenever the errors come up. I have done 2 Fresh Windows 10 Installation and 1 Windows 11 Installation, nothing seems to be working.
Today the PC has crashed 3 times in 5 hours.

Well not a great start for the SSD, however bad SATA cables can cause data issues. Do you have another SATA cable handy that you've used before and know it works? If so I would try that, dodgy SATA port can also cause these things so you might want to try plugging it into a different port.

Jan 24, 2022
Well not a great start for the SSD, however bad SATA cables can cause data issues. Do you have another SATA cable handy that you've used before and know it works? If so I would try that, dodgy SATA port can also cause these things so you might want to try plugging it into a different port.
Well I got a SATA Cable, which I used with HDD for a year.
I will try the cable with changed port and update the result.
Another thing I want to ask in my motherboard can I place SATA Cable in any port or there is pattern?

What might be changing over time?
Since all is well for a couple of days, I would guess your issue is related to some software that you have installed.

Did you download and install the motherboard drivers from the maker's web site?
Are there any motherboard bios updates that might be relevant?

A quick look suggests that your motherboard only supports windows xp and 7/8.

Jan 24, 2022
What might be changing over time?
Since all is well for a couple of days, I would guess your issue is related to some software that you have installed.

Did you download and install the motherboard drivers from the maker's web site?
Are there any motherboard bios updates that might be relevant?

A quick look suggests that your motherboard only supports windows xp and 7/8.
I already thought about this.
When I first Installed Windows, I downloaded my motherboard manufacturer Network and Audio software, but then my pc crashed, So I reinstalled the windows 10 without any drivers from company website. Now, I only use the drivers which came from Microsoft but crash issue still persist.
No bios Update is pending or probably, it was never released.

I already thought about this.
When I first Installed Windows, I downloaded my motherboard manufacturer Network and Audio software, but then my pc crashed, So I reinstalled the windows 10 without any drivers from company website. Now, I only use the drivers which came from Microsoft but crash issue still persist.
No bios Update is pending or probably, it was never released.
There are also chipset drivers that should be installed.

Past that, since all works for a while, look into what is changing between install and the problem.

Jan 24, 2022
There are also chipset drivers that should be installed.

Past that, since all works for a while, look into what is changing between install and the problem.
Tried Everything I can, nothing seems to be working. Plus, Ultra-DMA CRC Error Count - 4000 Errors then after two days it's 5713 errors, and this is really abnormal, after all it's just a 26 days old SSD.
Take a look at this pic, please:- View: https://imgur.com/a/UQgGOIk

I am very frustrated, I take my college classes on this pc but it keep crashing in middle of class.
The Crash is very random, I am taking notes then the pc become unresponsive and boom it crashes. There is no specific work load required to crash, it's all RANDOM!!!!
Tested my CPU, RAM on MemTest no error found.
I don't even use GPU.
Please Help!!!

I would suggest abandoning the new SSD for a moment (until you are sure things work without errors, don't attach it to computer) and installing on old HDD, same port, same cable.
That could pinpoint possible problem to either the new SSD being bad (if it works on HDD) or.. "it's somewhere else"
giving you at least some known good part to continue the troubleshooting from.
especially since this problem/error seems to repeat itself pretty reliably in 2 or 3 day period. (CRC error count might increase without crashing too)

Since error seems to point to data transfer, which could be Sata cable or Sata port on MB or Sata port on SSD or the controller on SSD

it'll be lot slower, sadly but unless you have another SSD to try with, your HDD is next best alternative.
downside is, would you have space/storage to back up important things from it though? since if SSD is broken, I wouldn't trust it as temporary "lets copy all important things to SSD, then wipe HDD and find out copy process didn't work"

Jan 24, 2022
I would suggest abandoning the new SSD for a moment (until you are sure things work without errors, don't attach it to computer) and installing on old HDD, same port, same cable.
That could pinpoint possible problem to either the new SSD being bad (if it works on HDD) or.. "it's somewhere else"
especially since this problem/error seems to repeat itself pretty reliably in 2 or 3 day period. (CRC error count might increase without crashing too)

Since error seems to point to data transfer, which could be Sata cable or Sata port on MB or Sata port on SSD or the controller on SSD

it'll be lot slower, sadly but unless you have another SSD to try with, your HDD is next best alternative.
downside is, would you have space/storage to back up important things from it though? since if SSD is broken, I wouldn't trust it as temporary "lets copy all important things to SSD, then wipe HDD and find out copy process didn't work"
Fine, lets do this too.
Don't Worry about data, as I have only 8 days notes in pdf and doc format nothing else as I don't trust this pc any more(when it crash), I already got a back up on Google drive.
I will pull out the SSD and pack it, and I can bet that HDD is absolutely fine because I have been using that HDD since November 2019. Only Switched to SSD on 1 Jan 2022.
But will try your method. Test the HDD too, just to be sure.
One more thing, Just today The PC has crashed for 4-5 times in 4 hours.

Last thing, I am not able to do Sfc /scannow anymore.

Jan 24, 2022
Nothing extra jumps out there.
As has been mentioned get the ssd out of the mix.
See what happens.
Yo!
After everyone Suggestion, I started fresh with my Hard Drive. Disconnected the SSD Completely.
Now 3 days later, I faced 3 Crashes, one each day, much better than SSD frequent Crash.
Till Now, only windows updated ,no driver or any update.
Here is a dump file which says ntoskrnl.exe error, check if it help:-
View: https://imgur.com/a/ZaexaGA

Now these optional update are remaining, what should I do?
View: https://imgur.com/a/z6Wy1Me

Last thing I want to add is: My PC is running for 5 hours straight and then it crash with ntoskrnl error and restart and start working again.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2022

Yo!
After everyone Suggestion, I started fresh with my Hard Drive. Disconnected the SSD Completely.
Now 3 days later, I faced 3 Crashes, one each day, much better than SSD frequent Crash.
Till Now, only windows updated ,no driver or any update.
Here is a dump file which says ntoskrnl.exe error, check if it help:-

View: View: https://imgur.com/a/ZaexaGA

Now these optional update are remaining, what should I do?

View: View: https://imgur.com/a/z6Wy1Me

Last thing I want to add is: My PC is running for 5 hours straight and then it crash with ntoskrnl error and restart and start working again.

Last edited:
well, windows crash codes are not my exact expertise but... 0x154 seems to relate to unexpected_store_exception which again, doesn't tell much except something went wrong when trying to read/write something to memory or disk.

Most common solution seems to be "disable fast boot" but that would only realistically apply if said crashes happened ALWAYS during boot-up, never in normal usage. so that is unlikely.

You did not mention if you have looked through event viewer logs for errors before BSOD's since sometimes misbehaving drivers get mentions there.

another post on Toms discussed same error code, where solution goes through some steps to test things.
You did run memtest before without problems but that is the last step in things to try in there too. general idea seems to let it run as long as possible at least 8 full passes but preferably longer.

however, before that, I would indeed update the drivers to more recent since as you mentioned, you have only installed windows updates so far.
Either from windows updates optional list or.. from motherboard manufacturers site or Intels site since chipset drivers are there too and MB manufacturers kind of stop updating their driver list few years after MB went out of manufacturing, which is true for your motherboard.

Jan 24, 2022
well, windows crash codes are not my exact expertise but... 0x154 seems to relate to unexpected_store_exception which again, doesn't tell much except something went wrong when trying to read/write something to memory or disk.

Most common solution seems to be "disable fast boot" but that would only realistically apply if said crashes happened ALWAYS during boot-up, never in normal usage. so that is unlikely.

You did not mention if you have looked through event viewer logs for errors before BSOD's since sometimes misbehaving drivers get mentions there.

another post on Toms discussed same error code, where solution goes through some steps to test things.
You did run memtest before without problems but that is the last step in things to try in there too. general idea seems to let it run as long as possible at least 8 full passes but preferably longer.

however, before that, I would indeed update the drivers to more recent since as you mentioned, you have only installed windows updates so far.
Either from windows updates optional list or.. from motherboard manufacturers site or Intels site since chipset drivers are there too and MB manufacturers kind of stop updating their driver list few years after MB went out of manufacturing, which is true for your motherboard.
Tested RAM with MemTest(Full Test) no errors found.
I updated all the drivers nothing is helping, reading DUMP Files, I found that ntoskrnl.exe and intel integrated graphics are causing BSOD.
Sir, I am about to cry, I really can't take this. I bought Motherboard and SSD on Dec 31,2021. Now these Issues! :(
Do you think its PSU issue?
I am currently using Zebronics 450W PSU.
One more thing, I switched to HDD but same crashing issues.
Now BOTH SSD AND HDD IS CRASHING! :( :( :(
Please Do reply!

To be honest, I am running out of good ideas to try.
integrated GPU might be bad but... it's on the CPU itself, so... that is a can of worms to open.
easiest way to test that would be to add separate cheap GPU (pretty much cheapest you can get/loan to test) and disable integrated GPU from bios.

on PSU side, googling brand shows that it's seemingly mainly aimed at india and... it is supposedly bad quality.
While PSU tier list doesn't list it, googling name shows
Low Quality – Zebronics SMPS / PSU have very poor quality. A 250 Watt SMPS from good brands like Antec, Coolermaster, VIP etc. can easily outperform a 400 Watt Zebronics SMPS. You can risk your computer components by using Zebronics power supplies because of the lower quality components used in their power supplies.

so.. changing that is a valid option also. Actually a BETTER option in my opinion than separate GPU.
link to Toms hardware PSU tier list.