Question Something seems wrong, low benchmark scores on new system ?

Aug 20, 2022
Hello,

I just bought a new system. Given the prices for individual components in my country still being really high, i settled for a Pre-built system which, according to the internet, came with mostly OEM parts.

The Specs are the following:

I5-11400
16 GB of 3200 RAM
3060 Ti 8 GB
500 GB NvMe Drive.

Being initially happy with my performance, i fired up Cyberpunk and noticed my framerate was not really in line with what i‘ve seen on youtube and other benchmarks, so i decided to run some benchmarks and and i feel like my scores are not really where they should.

On 3d Mark (Time run):

My GPU score is acceptable at about 11k which is not to far of other tests (but still not great).

My score came up with roughly 6K on CPU which is wayy below what other benchmarks are suggesting however.

On userbenchmark the results looks better, but still not great. My temps seems fine. Results as following:

3d Mark:

http://www.3dmark.com/spy/30144223

Userbenchmark:

https://www.userbenchmark.com/userrun/54709768

Any suggestions?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Do you have latest bios?
Chipset drivers might help as well.

what make/model NVMe does it have?

Userbenchmark: You seem to have a lot of background processes running at time of benchmark, that could have made CPU perform badly
running in a clean boot might fix that, reducing number of startup programs can help
Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

entering your code in here doesn't seem to get any results - https://www.medion.com/sg/_lightbox/gsa.php
MD35151 is code for your PC

medion forums - https://community.medion.com/t5/ERAZER-Gaming/bd-p/UK206

Aug 20, 2022
Honestly, i have no idea if it’s the latest bios. There seems to be little information on the motherboard. In my experience chipset drivers doesn’t really make a huge difference, but i’ll try that as well.

The difference in CPU score is huge compared to what it should be. I just feel like it’s something else.

Honestly, i have no idea if it’s the latest bios. There seems to be little information on the motherboard. In my experience chipset drivers doesn’t really make a huge difference, but i’ll try that as well.

The difference in CPU score is huge compared to what it should be. I just feel like it’s something else.
Your latest Userbenchmark is good.
Your memory seems to be running at only 2933MHz. Isn't that 3200MT/s memory?

Aug 20, 2022
Your latest Userbenchmark is good.
Your memory seems to be running at only 2933MHz. Isn't that 3200MT/s memory?

Yeah, i think it should. How come it doesn’t? Can that make a big difference in performance?

I dunno, i just played some Far Cry 6. 1080p, ultra without raytracing. Frame rate fluctuates a lot between 40-70 fps depending on whats happening on sceen. As far as i can tell, it should be running pretty stable at above 70 fps + at least at all times.

Hello,

I just bought a new system. Given the prices for individual components in my country still being really high, i settled for a Pre-built system which, according to the internet, came with mostly OEM parts.

I5-11400
16 GB of 3200 RAM
3060 Ti 8 GB
500 GB NvMe Drive.

Being initially happy with my performance, i fired up Cyberpunk and noticed my framerate was not really in line with what i‘ve seen on youtube and other benchmarks, so i decided to run some benchmarks and and i feel like my scores are not really where they should.

On 3d Mark (Time run):

My GPU score is acceptable at about 11k which is not to far of other tests (but still not great).

My score came up with roughly 6K on CPU which is wayy below what other benchmarks are suggesting however.

On userbenchmark the results looks better, but still not great. My temps seems fine. Results as following:

3d Mark:

Userbenchmark:

Any suggestions?
Try this.

Reboot.
Wait a few mins.
Run userbenchmark with the browser closed.
Post a LINK to the results page.

Hello,

I5-11400
16 GB of 3200 RAM
3060 Ti 8 GB
500 GB NvMe Drive.

On 3d Mark (Time run):

3d Mark:

Userbenchmark:

Any suggestions?
It sounds like you have a power limit in place and it's running at it's base frequency under sustained load.

Aug 20, 2022
It does seem a little bit on the low side if it really is running at 4.2Ghz on all cores. Do you have much running on your machine?

Nope, almost nothing. I have steam running atm, but the computer came with basically no bloatware as far as i know. Mcafee came preinstalled, but i deleted that immediately. The activity monitor doesn't registerer anything strange. Ugh, i have no idea where to start. I tried to really stress test it, but the temps for the CPU never went above 83C, so it shouldn't throttle.

Nope, almost nothing. I have steam running atm, but the computer came with basically no bloatware as far as i know. Mcafee came preinstalled, but i deleted that immediately. The activity monitor doesn't registerer anything strange. Ugh, i have no idea where to start. I tried to really stress test it, but the temps for the CPU never went above 83C, so it shouldn't throttle.
The 11400 is a relatively power hungry chip for a 6 core CPU, normally lower sustained performance in multi-threaded tasks is due to a power limit set by the board. The PL2 state for the 11400 is 154W, which when adhering to Intel specs give's you an all core boost of 4.2Ghz for 28 seconds before it drops back to PL1 (2.6Ghz).

When building custom PC's people normally disable the time limit on the PL2 state so that the CPU run's at it's max all core boost speed permanently when under a sustained load like gaming. This requires beefier cooling and a motherboard with robust power delivery.

My guess would be that the CPU isn't actually running at 4.2Ghz on all cores in a sustained load, it's doing that for 28 seconds and then dropping either to it's base frequency or something in between depending on how the system has been configured.

I would run something like Cinebench R23 and keep the Task Manager open and see what frequency it settles at. If it's below the 4.2Ghz all core boost then that would explain the slightly lower multi-threaded score.

Aug 20, 2022
I asked above for a rerun of userbenchmark with directions on how to run it.
Please try that.

Sorry, just did actually.
Here:

Medion MD35151 Performance Results - UserBenchmark

It actually performed a bit better now. It's strange, but my frames in games are still not satisfactory. In Pubg in 4K, medium settings it's barely hitting 60 fps, where in other benchmarks i should basically be getting double.

Yes, your scores are comparatively a tad slow.
Is your 16gb of ram a single stick?
A oem builder may have installed just a 16gb stick to save costs.
a 2 x8gb ram configuration would run a bit faster.
CPU-Z should show you if you have one or two sticks.
Also, take a look at the timings on the cpu-z spd tab.
It will identify the ram as well as the cas# latency.
It could be as bad as 22, more likely 18. the best will be about 14.

What to do???
Probably nothing.
You seem to be happy with your performance mostly.

Other setups may well be optimized better with better parts.

Aug 20, 2022
Yes, your scores are comparatively a tad slow.
Is your 16gb of ram a single stick?
A oem builder may have installed just a 16gb stick to save costs.
a 2 x8gb ram configuration would run a bit faster.
CPU-Z should show you if you have one or two sticks.
Also, take a look at the timings on the cpu-z spd tab.
It will identify the ram as well as the cas# latency.
It could be as bad as 22, more likely 18. the best will be about 14.

What to do???
Probably nothing.
You seem to be happy with your performance mostly.

Other setups may well be optimized better with better parts.

It's two 8 GB sticks!

However, my cas# latency is 21. So thats pretty bad i guess? Would buying new sticks solve this, and would that make some difference?

It's two 8 GB sticks!

However, my cas# latency is 21. So thats pretty bad i guess? Would buying new sticks solve this, and would that make some difference?
Good news it is two sticks.
I would not bother changing ram .
Ram speed is important for ryzen or integrated graphics which is not in play here.
Difference in actual performance(vs. synthetic benchmarks) is in the 2% area.
Not much worth a change, I think.