[SOLVED] Something weird happened with my windows 10 computer, and I want to make sure it’s okay

BrandonFitzpatricc

Commendable
Jun 23, 2019
My PC started spazzing out. USB ports were randomly shutting down, and I couldn’t open anything. My gui even reloaded itself for some reason. I assumed that this was happening because a windows update was available, even though it still terrified me. I had to forcefully shut down my PC, and the operating system updated. The issue seems to be gone now, but I just want to confirm that this behavior was caused by the operating system and that there’s nothing I need to worry about

Solution
Windows updates shouldn't do anything until you restart and install them.

the only thing it might do is run the compatability tester it does each month, I didn't notice it run that tonight and I know there is an update sitting waiting for shutdown as I saw the process running in task manager a while ago.

Assume it was a one off until it happens again :)

Colif

Win 11 Master
Windows updates shouldn't do anything until you restart and install them.

the only thing it might do is run the compatability tester it does each month, I didn't notice it run that tonight and I know there is an update sitting waiting for shutdown as I saw the process running in task manager a while ago.

Assume it was a one off until it happens again :)

Solution