Apr 23, 2019
I'll keep this short and simple. I have a laptop with 2 GPUs, an integrated one (Intel HD Graphics 630) and a dedicated one (GTX 1050 Ti). When I run Minecraft, the frames don't match my GPU's power (vanilla world reaches 80-100 fps on average), while everything including java is set to run with the dedicated GPU, and it says so in the game. However, when opening task manager, it shows that the integrated GPU is at roughly 30-40% usage while the dedicated one is at 10% or lower. This is most likely the cause of the underperformace, as when I completely disable the Intel GPU through Device Manager, my fps spikes up to 200-300.
I can't however keep it that way because everything looks ugly when the integrated GPU is disabled. I'm also experiencing lower frames on other games such as CS:GO, and while not yet tested, I have reason to believe that this is the cause. If anyone has an idea about what could possibly be happening, I'd love to hear it. Thanks a lot.

PS: I have done the standard things, like checking temperature, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers (with and without DDU), setting the power plan to highest performance etc. and none of it seems to work. Also, it seems that lowering video settings on Minecraft doesn't fix things either.

PS2: My specs are
GTX 1050 Ti
16GB Ram (I believe it's single channel tho)
i7-8750H
120Hz monitor
if you want to check anything else, let me know

EDIT: Tried disabling the integrated GPU to test CS;GO but it just doesn't work entirely, so I guess it only happens on Minecraft

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2019
'll keep this short and simple. I have a laptop with 2 GPUs, an integrated one (Intel HD Graphics 630) and a dedicated one (GTX 1050 Ti). When I run Minecraft, the frames don't match my GPU's power (vanilla world reaches 80-100 fps on average), while everything including java is set to run with the dedicated GPU, and it says so in the game. However, when opening task manager, it shows that the integrated GPU is at roughly 30-40% usage while the dedicated one is at 10% or lower. This is most likely the cause of the underperformace, as when I completely disable the Intel GPU through Device Manager, my fps spikes up to 200-300.
I can't however keep it that way because everything looks ugly when the integrated GPU is disabled. I'm also experiencing lower frames on other games such as CS:GO, and while not yet tested, I have reason to believe that this is the cause. If anyone has an idea about what could possibly be happening, I'd love to hear it. Thanks a lot.

Edit 1: I have done the standard things, like checking temperature, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers (with and without DDU), setting the power plan to highest performance etc. and none of it seems to work. Also, it seems that lowering video settings on Minecraft doesn't fix things either.

Edit 2: My specs are:

GTX 1050 Ti
16GB Ram (I believe it's single channel tho)
i7-8750H
120Hz monitor
if you want to check anything else, let me know

Edit 3: Tried disabling the integrated GPU to test CS;GO but it just doesn't work entirely, so I guess it only happens on Minecraft

Lutfij

Titan
You forgot to include what the make and model of your laptop is. An SKU will help us two fold. Please add them in your followup. Have you made sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your laptop? You might also want to try and tax the laptop with another title to see if the issue is isolated.

Lutfij

Titan
You forgot to include what the make and model of your laptop is. An SKU will help us two fold. Please add them in your followup. Have you made sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your laptop? You might also want to try and tax the laptop with another title to see if the issue is isolated.