[SOLVED] Something with RAM in a laptop

Dl_Fane

Reputable
Jun 24, 2017
Recently i bought a Lenovo Ideapad 3 with 8 gb ram. The funny thing is that after i installed windows out of 8gb ram in task manager, 2.1 are hardware reserved. Never seen something like that. I am left with 5.9 ram that is eaten up pretty fast by other apps. I mostly got this laptop for projects in CAD, Catia etc since the specs are pretty good and help me pretty much. But this thing with the ram is annoying. Is there any fix?

Solution
Recently i bought a Lenovo Ideapad 3 with 8 gb ram. The funny thing is that after i installed windows out of 8gb ram in task manager, 2.1 are hardware reserved. Never seen something like that. I am left with 5.9 ram that is eaten up pretty fast by other apps. I mostly got this laptop for projects in CAD, Catia etc since the specs are pretty good and help me pretty much. But this thing with the ram is annoying. Is there any fix?
Get more ram if there are free slots. The reserved ram is being used by the igpu.

Remeca

Reputable
Get more ram if there are free slots. The reserved ram is being used by the igpu.

Solution

Dl_Fane

Reputable
Jun 24, 2017
I was about to buy another 8gb ram or something but in bios i cant fidn anything related to the Igpu. I only have graphics device where i can choose between uma and switchable. I'd disable the integrated one to be honest if i'd know how