[SOLVED] Something wrong with an application

Vaibhav_Rai@

Prominent
Feb 27, 2021
I was trying to install through an untrusted source, but then later on when I decided to remove it from my PC I noticed there was some extra junk that came with it.
I removed everything but this app called "FileExtr.actor" is still there in my start menu. But in the programe list there is no such app. What can i do now?

Lutfij

Titan
Leave it be, trying to force the app off your OS, via other means might cause the OS to go belly up. As for your untrusted source, you might want to be careful about them since they can lace your platform and probably all devices in your household, if you pass an USB drive around, with malware and even ransomware - the latter happened to a clients office, they lost all valuable data on their (2)work machines.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
I suggest you look through a search result like so:

what is FileExtr.actor - Google Search

Other forum users, be aware that if you highlight and search what is in "" above (in original post) it will attempt to install that program. So far as I can tell it doesn't appear to be 'viral', but fair warning it appears to be a very powerful and dangerous tool by way of oopsing something you need gone gone.