[SOLVED] Something wrong with internet on my computer

Kaimukas357

Reputable
Aug 29, 2016
As the title suggest, something is wrong with my computer when it comes to stability of the internet. I have minimum 1000 ping, sometimes completely lose internet for no reason, while my girlfriend's laptop has stable 12ms. Sometimes my ping drops as well, but the second I use internet, like go to any website, even google.com, my ping spikes to 1-2k, and stays like that for at least half a minute. I have a stationary PC with a WiFi Adapter. I thought it was the adapter's fault, so I tried it on my gf's laptop, but it also had stable 12 ms. So I came to a conclusion it's something with my PC. I have recently installed new windows 10, a month ago, but so I don't have that many programs on it. My task manager also doesn't show any internet usage. Any tips on what I could try to do to fix this?

Solution
Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:

You might want to check and see what version of BIOS your motherboard is currently on and if you have any BIOS updates pending. I'd also advise on uninstalling your NIC drivers and then reinstall them manually in an elevated command, after sourcing the latest from manufacturer's support site.

Lutfij

Titan
Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:

You might want to check and see what version of BIOS your motherboard is currently on and if you have any BIOS updates pending. I'd also advise on uninstalling your NIC drivers and then reinstall them manually in an elevated command, after sourcing the latest from manufacturer's support site.

Solution