[SOLVED] Something wrong with my 2080S?

Solution
Add some fans and check how everything is after.

If you're still having issues, just come back here with some details.

Oh Balmung, the home of.... "Brace yourself before you step into uldah" lol.

I'll try and say hi if I see you :) - Sauce Kay
if it's any consolation... (i know the cards are worlds aparts) my RX580 is always at 100% on FF14.. while my CPU ... an i5 - 3570k is around 60%...

FF14 is an eye candy game with heavy graphics when maxed. Try play around with some settings and run a few light benchmark tests (like unigene vallley or heaven. and see what you score in comparison to others with your system set up

how are your temps, have you tried to makea custom fan curve? which case do you have?

Last edited:

khodex1997

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2013
if it's any consolation... (i know the cards are worlds aparts) my RX580 is always at 100% on FF14.. while my CPU ... an i5 - 3570k is around 60%...

FF14 is an eye candy game with heavy graphics when maxed. Try play around with some settings and run a few light benchmark tests (like unigene vallley or heaven. and see what you score in comparison to others with your system set up

how are your temps, have you tried to makea custom fan curve? which case do you have?
My temps are probably high because I stupidly don't have any intake fans. Only output fans. I have the Lian Li O11 Dynamic PCMR edition. I have never made a custom fan curve. It doesn't necessarily bother me but I was just hoping to learn if it was normal. I've always been worried something might be wrong with my GPU because I bought it right as it got restocked. Which I know is silly but its a feeling I could never shake.

Well you know that would probably do it. You shouldn't worry about your card as a defective component, you should worry more about having your card work harder because of excessive heat lingering around.

I did quite a bit of research and found these fans to be somewhat a best performer for the money. In airflow and noise levels

Noctua 12 but of course for your case I think you'll be looking for some RGB ones.

You want to try and get a fan that's not only good in cfm or whatever you call it, volume but one that also has good static pressure, almost like a cpu fan. This is because you're trying to stuff air into the case. Exhaust fans are a lot more forgiving.

Which server do you play on? I'm on Balmung

khodex1997

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2013
Well you know that would probably do it. You shouldn't worry about your card as a defective component, you should worry more about having your card work harder because of excessive heat lingering around.

I did quite a bit of research and found these fans to be somewhat a best performer for the money. In airflow and noise levels

Noctua 12 but of course for your case I think you'll be looking for some RGB ones.

You want to try and get a fan that's not only good in cfm or whatever you call it, volume but one that also has good static pressure, almost like a cpu fan. This is because you're trying to stuff air into the case. Exhaust fans are a lot more forgiving.

Which server do you play on? I'm on Balmung
Yea ofc I gotta get some RGB ones to compliment this case haha. I have some corsair ones but I can't remember which one specifically. I'm on Balmung too! Alavara Elwing! I am hoping Corsair would have a black friday sale haha.

Add some fans and check how everything is after.

If you're still having issues, just come back here with some details.

Oh Balmung, the home of.... "Brace yourself before you step into uldah" lol.

I'll try and say hi if I see you :) - Sauce Kay

Solution