[SOLVED] Something wrong with my Acer Predator CG437K ?

JonDol

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2015
Hello,

I've just bought the Acer Predator CG437K after Mr. Eberle's review (https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/acer-predator-cg437k-43-4k-hdr1000 ) and I find its colours are washed.

Here are some pictures of the my Acer Predator CG437K, my Asus Pro Art 248Q which Mr. Eberle also reviewed somewhere in 2012 (too bad I can't find that review anymore) and both Asus and Acer together. Although the quality of my pictures is lacking due to insufficient light and no flash, the colour difference between the two displays is huge. Predator is using the standard colour mode with gamma at 2.2 and colour temp warm which Mr Eberle says deliver the most colour accuracy out of the box. Pro Art is using the default out of the box settings.

I tried to tweak the Predator's brightness but the colours remained washed so I wonder what's wrong and if I should contact the support. Has anyone any insights or a similar/different experiences with this Acer monitor, please ?

Thanks and regards,
Jon

Solution
Is windows in HDR mode? HDR mode in windows looks terrible unless you are actually playing or watching HDR content, washed out is exactly how I would describe it.

Are you running an nvidia GPU? If so open nvidia control panel, go to change resolution, make sure "output color format" is set to RGB. Make sure "output color depth" is set to 10bpc. And make sure "output dynamic range" is set to Full. The process for AMD should be similar, it might be worded a bit differently.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Is windows in HDR mode? HDR mode in windows looks terrible unless you are actually playing or watching HDR content, washed out is exactly how I would describe it.

Are you running an nvidia GPU? If so open nvidia control panel, go to change resolution, make sure "output color format" is set to RGB. Make sure "output color depth" is set to 10bpc. And make sure "output dynamic range" is set to Full. The process for AMD should be similar, it might be worded a bit differently.

Solution