Question Somethings not right with Elgato Game Capture and my HDMI splitter

Dec 24, 2021
I have an Elgato HD 60 S. I have it connected via cable to my computer and HDMI to my tv monitor. Whenever I try to start my PS4. Itll blink several times switching from 720 p to 1080 p. Itll look like its starting but then itll suddenly go blank and nothing happens. I dont know where to go. HDMI cables work if connected directly to tv but not when adding other stuff like the Elgato.

your post doesn't make much sense.

the video capture device is connected to your PC via USB-C,
to the PS4 via HDMI,
and then outputting to a display via HDMI?

what are trying to use the splitter for?
are you trying to split the video capture device's output to two different screens?

many of the available video cable splitters, converters, hubs, etc out there on the market are very unreliable.
most manufactured with low quality components and cannot handle the bandwidth needed to operate at their reported specs.
any you would like to use you should make sure that you find multiple customer reviews with others acknowledging that it can actually handle what you're looking to do.
and even if they do, malfunctioned and DOA products are fairly more common these days than in the past.

Dec 24, 2021
your post doesn't make much sense.

the video capture device is connected to your PC via USB-C,
to the PS4 via HDMI,
and then outputting to a display via HDMI?

what are trying to use the splitter for?
are you trying to split the video capture device's output to two different screens?

many of the available video cable splitters, converters, hubs, etc out there on the market are very unreliable.
most manufactured with low quality components and cannot handle the bandwidth needed to operate at their reported specs.
any you would like to use you should make sure that you find multiple customer reviews with others acknowledging that it can actually handle what you're looking to do.
and even if they do, malfunctioned and DOA products are fairly more common these days than in the past.

Yes the HDMI is going to 2 different screens. I tried taking out the HDMI splitter however the Elgato is still showing no display.

TRENDING THREADS