Question Sometimes apps are slow to react in windows 10 ?

Destim

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2015
Recently i built myself a new system (fresh new windows install also), i've been doing a lot of benchmarks and my system is running really stable.
But somehow at random intervals when i open windows mail or task manager, or another app in windows, it takes a long time to open. It feels like it needs some time to catch up till it finally opens. But it can also happen when the app is already open, it becomes unresponsive and actions within the app take a long time to catchup.

I can't really find the reason why this is happening, i had a look at event viewer and couldn't find any error or warning that could be the reason for this.
There isn't any app either that uses a lot of resources at a random given point.....
What also might be important info, is that i never have this issue in a game or non-native Windows apps.
So it makes me think this is Windows related.

I don't like these kind of issues because i have not a single hint where i could start looking to solve this.
So far i've tried updating bios to the latest version, updating windows, update all motherboard drivers etc....
I'm also running windows on a nvme ssd.

Last edited:

Destim

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2015
I have done some more research and i think it's safe to say this is completely windows related. Because performance in non native windows applications are fine anyway.
I have heard disabling Cortana could help, so i'l give an update if it did or didn't.
Any feedback is appreciated also!

Destim

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2015
I promised i would get back to this whatever the result.
And so far i can say disabling Cortana did the trick. Idk why it causes these kinds of issues but it's fine now. (Hopefully)