[SOLVED] Sometimes High ping and sometimes Low ping

Jun 23, 2020
So I play rainbow six siege and I usually get 60-70 ping but now a days in some matches I am getting 130 ping and in some 60-70 ping. The servers are the same I have checked .I play on PS4 wireless .

Last edited:
Solution
You have no ability to control the latency outside your house. The only thing that might cause it that you could fix is if you are over utilizing your internet connection and data is being delayed.

Run tracert to the game servers when it is getting good ping times and bad ping times and see if you can see where the increase is. It would be hop2 and all hops past it that show the increase if it was a result of you over utilizing the connection.
You have no ability to control the latency outside your house. The only thing that might cause it that you could fix is if you are over utilizing your internet connection and data is being delayed.

Run tracert to the game servers when it is getting good ping times and bad ping times and see if you can see where the increase is. It would be hop2 and all hops past it that show the increase if it was a result of you over utilizing the connection.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS