[SOLVED] Sometimes my computer picks up my monitor and sometimes it does not.

May 3, 2021
I decided to add another monitor to my computer. I have a LG gaming monitor and I added a Asus monitor. It worked no problem. Then right after I did this when I start my computer sometimes it picks up my monitor and sometimes it does not. I have to shut it down and keep restarting computer after about 5 tries it picks it up. I took the asus monitor off when all this started. What could the problem be?
Alienware X51 R3 gaming computer.

Solution
The HDMI was in port on computer and back of monitor. The DVI/DP was on the DVI/DP port on both computer and monitor. I do not use the monitor that was connected to HDMI any more since this problem started. Still the computer has a problem sometimes picking up the DVI/DP port. All this started when I set up the other monitor. I even reset my computer but it did not fix the problem.
Okay so in order for both monitors to work you needs to have them connected to the Graphics CARD. Do you have a Designated GPU or are you using Onboard Graphics?
Meaning are they connected to the VERTICAL Part of your computer at the Back or the Horizontal Graphics card?

EDIT- Also DVI is its own connection and DP (DisplayPort) is its own connection...

Ferimer

Distinguished
I decided to add another monitor to my computer. I have a LG gaming monitor and I added a Asus monitor. It worked no problem. Then right after I did this when I start my computer sometimes it picks up my monitor and sometimes it does not. I have to shut it down and keep restarting computer after about 5 tries it picks it up. I took the asus monitor off when all this started. What could the problem be?
Alienware X51 R3 gaming computer.
Well, you have both setup using different HDMi cords/DVI/DP right? How is it set up? Through a HUB? two separate wires? Is it connected to the MOBO or the GPU?

May 3, 2021
The HDMI was in port on computer and back of monitor. The DVI/DP was on the DVI/DP port on both computer and monitor. I do not use the monitor that was connected to HDMI any more since this problem started. Still the computer has a problem sometimes picking up the DVI/DP port. All this started when I set up the other monitor. I even reset my computer but it did not fix the problem.

Ferimer

Distinguished
Okay so in order for both monitors to work you needs to have them connected to the Graphics CARD. Do you have a Designated GPU or are you using Onboard Graphics?
Meaning are they connected to the VERTICAL Part of your computer at the Back or the Horizontal Graphics card?

EDIT- Also DVI is its own connection and DP (DisplayPort) is its own connection and HDMI is its own connection.

Solution