Question Sometimes my GPU doesn't power on.

Jallen2593

Commendable
Apr 24, 2020
Hi there,

I'm having some problems with my gpu not powering up when I turn on my pc.

When I turn it on usually I can hear the fans spinning and the display comes on. Some other times which is around once every 2 weeks, I have to fiddle around by turning the pc on and off multiple times while also connecting and reconnecting the display and when I seem to plug the display into the CPU it works fine. In some extreme cases I even have to take the whole pc apart and switch around the ram sticks until it boots. Any idea what my problem could be?

My specs are as follows
H310CM-ITX/ac
SilverStone SST-ST45SF v 3.0 - SFX Series, 450W 80 Plus Bronze PC Power Supply, Low Noise 92mm
Crucial CT2K8G4DFRA266 16GB Kit (8GB x2) (DDR4, 2666 MT/s, PC4-21300, DIMM, 288-Pin) Memory, Green
Intel(R) Pentium(R) Gold G5420 CPU @ 3.80GHz 3.79 GHz
radeon rx570

Many thanks

Jallen2593

Commendable
Apr 24, 2020
As a test have you removed the GPU and attempted to run/use/restart the system on just the integrated graphics?

Check Event Viewer and see what is coming up there. Sometimes Reliability History can be helpful as well.

Can I have the gpu connected for this? when I have the display plugged into the CPU with integrated graphics it works fine all the time. Also what am I looking for in the event viewer?

https://ibb.co/rGmBHdV

Last edited: