Question Sometimes my monitor & mouse are not working ?

May 26, 2022
Hello.

I know there are many other topics threads for my problem, but I never found the one with "sometimes" in the title/description. Let me explain this "sometimes".
So, overall my Monitor and Mouse are working, but sometimes the process is different. I'll explain below what I mean.

My problem is that, when I boot up my PC, the unit is always working because I can see the lights and hear the noise, but sometimes my monitor + mouse is not working because I can see no lights on them.

So there are times when I start my PC and the monitor and mouse are working from the first try, I mean the first boot up.
but there are times when I start my PC, and the monitor and the mouse are not working, so I shut off my PC from the unit button and start it again and repeat this process, sometimes after another try my Monitor will turn on, but sometimes I have to repeat the process even 5-6-7-8...-13 times and it will work eventually.

There are times when I start my PC and the monitor and mouse are NOT working, I'm just looking at it and after 1-2 minutes the PC itself it's restarting (because I can see the lights and hear the noise) and sometimes it will work (my monitor will have display) but sometimes it will not work so I need to restart it from the unit button and repeat the process...

I've seen a lot of things that can cause this: motherboard, GPU, CPU, RAM, PSU, dust on RAM, dust in PSU, etc... but I don't know how to exactly test what's the problem ?

See if fast start up is enabled. First thing to troubleshoot.
  1. Press Windows Key + R then type control and hit Enter to open Control Panel.
  2. Click on Hardware and Sound then click on Power Options.
  3. Then from the left side select “Choose what the power buttons do.“
  4. Now click on “Change settings that are currently unavailable.“
  5. Uncheck “Turn on fast startup” and click on Save changes.
  6. Uncheck “Turn on fast startup” and click on Save changes.

May 26, 2022
This are my PC SPECS, please let me know if you need more details:

GPU - GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2060 WINDFORCE OC 6GB GDDR6 192-bit

CPU - Intel Core i7-10700K 3.80GHz Comet Lake Socket 1200 TRAY (no box) cm8070104282436

Mother board - Gigabyte B460M AORUS PRO, Socket 1200

Power supply - thermaltake 730W inteligenta (PS-SPS-0730MPCGEU-1)

RAM - Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 8GB DDR4 2933MHz CL15

I haven't tried to replace CMOS battery, because I've read they last even 7 years, and my PC is not even 2 years old. You think this can really be the problem?