Question sometimes PC Doesn't boot first time but starts after pressing the restart button

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxyspark

Reputable
Jun 5, 2018
Specs -
CPU - Ryzen 5 2400G
Ram - Corsair Vengeance 3000 Mhz 8gbx2
PSU - Corsair CX 550
Motherboard - MSI B450 Gaming Plus

When I first on my pc and push the power on button my pc doesn't boot up. but cpu fan and motherboard light and other fans are running. after pressing the restart button pc starts normally.

I left my pc almost 20 days unpowered. and I updated my windows to 1809 recently.

After restarting I don't face the issue for a long time. may be 4-5 hours. but if i keep my pc off overnight and try to on again then again I face this issue.

what could be the problem?

maxyspark

Reputable
Jun 5, 2018
when you first turn it on what happens tell me exact steps please
Cpu fan and other fans are running.
in motherboard a led lights glowing near the motherboard power cable from the psu. Near the light cpu was written. and pc doesn't boot up.
it is only for the first time. if Ipress the restart the button pc boot up normally.

and if i again shut down and power on normally the problem doesn't occur.

retroforlife

Reputable
Apr 19, 2017
ok what i would say is turn off power disconnect all the cables and then reconnect them making sure there all properly in and take the ram out and put that back in . mite be a improper connection maybe

retroforlife

Reputable
Apr 19, 2017
in manual for mother board cpu light says CPU - indicates CPU is not detected or fail . what im thinking is a) psu not giving proper power to the 8 pin for the cpu or lose cable b) mother board problem . only way to test is try a different psu that you know works or send it back to get checked to rule out the psu being the problem if replugging in the cables doesn't work 🤔

also could try to reset the bios if you have done any overclocking just a thought

Last edited:

maxyspark

Reputable
Jun 5, 2018
in manual for mother board cpu light says CPU - indicates CPU is not detected or fail . what im thinking is a) psu not giving proper power to the 8 pin for the cpu or lose cable b) mother board problem . only way to test is try a different psu that you know works or send it back to get checked to rule out the psu being the problem if replugging in the cables doesn't work 🤔

also could try to reset the bios if you have done any overclocking just a thought
I will try to disassemble and assemble again.
I don't have any spare parts right now. But I am confused because its happened if dont use the pc for a long period only(shut down).

retroforlife

Reputable
Apr 19, 2017
well you should be well within your warranty period so sending the psu back to get it checked would be a good idea . if thats fine then it could be the mother board the odds of it being the cpu is like super rare unless you overclocked it with to high voltage or some thing but then i wouldnt expect it to work at all 🤔

just take every thing out replug it all back in make sure its all slotted in fully etc and see if problems still there if it is return the psu they should be ok with you sending it back to be checked/replaced

Status
Not open for further replies.