[SOLVED] sometimes pixelation new PC

Oct 24, 2021
Hellow,

3 days ago o bought a new pc (components) and i have a issue that there will apear green/yellow or sometimes even white pixels. as in the pictures below

f195cec144e01e1a236139f3beaf419b.png.7e194df88c5ad60cf6e5017ea55d6346.png

Solution
It seems like your GPU is the issue which has slight VRAM issue, hence only displaying few pixels in random locations. Since if your GPU VRAM would be more defective, your whole screen would look discolored.

If you have 2nd GPU, can you test that? To rule out GPU issue.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
3 days ago o bought a new pc (components)

List of those components are? Or better yet, full sys specs, including PSU make and model (or part number) are?
And did you buy them new or used?

there will apear green/yellow or sometimes even white pixels

These are screen artifacts. If you make a screenshot and there are no artifacts on screenshot, the monitor is the issue. But if there are artifacts even on the screenshot, GPU is the issue.

Oct 24, 2021
List of those components are? Or better yet, full sys specs, including PSU make and model (or part number) are?

These are screen artifacts. If you make a screenshot and there are no artifacts on screenshot, the monitor is the issue. But if there are artifacts even on the screenshot, GPU is the issue.
i downloaded kombuster and i did the screenshot. both have artifacts

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Answer to this too is helpful:

Since without knowing what you bought and either new or used, i can't look into if those artifacts could be a fault of specific hardware series, and/or suggest what to test/try.

For example: i'd suggest to use different video output port (HDMI ,DP, DVI or VGA) and look if you have the same artifact issue. But since i don't know if you have dedicated GPU or not and if your CPU has iGPU or not, i'd be shooting in the dark here.

Oct 24, 2021
this is the list

-amd ryzen9x cpu
  • asus prime x570 pro
  • corsair ddr4 3600 2x16GB cl18
  • corsair RM850 2021 psu
  • MSi Radeo RX 6900 xt gaming z trio 16 GB
-
Answer to this too is helpful:

Since without knowing what you bought and either new or used, i can't look into if those artifacts could be a fault of specific hardware series, and/or suggest what to test/try.

For example: i'd suggest to use different video output port (HDMI ,DP, DVI or VGA) and look if you have the same artifact issue. But since i don't know if you have dedicated GPU or not and if your CPU has iGPU or not, i'd be shooting in the dark here.

Samsing nvme 500 gb

edit: i tried switching cables and diffrent outputs, and still had the artifacts

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Which Ryzen 9 series CPU exactly?

Also, try uninstalling GPU drivers with DDU and then reinstalling latest GPU drivers (or version or two older). Does that help?

Do artifacts appear only in games or everywhere (desktop, web browsing etc)? Are they always at the same spot or do they move around the screen?

What resolution are you using? Have you tried to switch resolutions to see if it helps?

Oct 24, 2021
Which Ryzen 9 series CPU exactly?

Also, try uninstalling GPU drivers with DDU and then reinstalling latest GPU drivers (or version or two older). Does that help?

Do artifacts appear only in games or everywhere (desktop, web browsing etc)? Are they always at the same spot or do they move around the screen?

What resolution are you using? Have you tried to switch resolutions to see if it helps?

Ryzen 9 5900x

I already did ddu 2 times to recomended and to 2 versions older but no avail. They apear in game and on desktop like file explorer and chrome and they are moving around ( if i ooen file explorer i see a green artifact pixel and if i minimize it and reoprn its on a diffrent place)

Im using 1920x1080 but my old pc worked good with my monitors.

Last edited:

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
It seems like your GPU is the issue which has slight VRAM issue, hence only displaying few pixels in random locations. Since if your GPU VRAM would be more defective, your whole screen would look discolored.

If you have 2nd GPU, can you test that? To rule out GPU issue.

Solution