Question Sometimes RAM in second slot is not detected ?

dgagan

Prominent
Feb 7, 2021
hi guys
first my system configuration
cpu ryzen 5 3600
ram gskill ripjaws 3200mhz 16gb 8×2
motherboard msi b450m pro vdh max
gpu inno3d rtx 2060
psu antech vp650p 650 watt psu
ssd crucial bx500 240gb
hdd wd blue 1tb
monitor samsung curved 144hz va pannel

so guys recently i start getting a problem after i tried primo cache sofware to increase speed of my ssd. after increasing speed i uninstalled primo cache. just after clicking uninstall pc restart itself. than i start getting bsod after bsod and pc stuck in boot loop. i tried to troubleshoot it by uninstalling updates, installing previous save, reset pc, reset bios. but everything fails. than i installed new windows ( formatted ssd before installing windows ).

But still i was receving random bsod. sometimes my pc does not even boot and stuck in post. ez debug led sometimes show cpu not detected othertimes gpu not detected. after doing some more troubleshooting i came to conclusion that it was related to ram. so i test my ram with memtest86 both rams passed in test. than i ran heaven benchmark with both rams installed in motherboard.

After running for about an hour pc crashes so than i tried with single ram stick and it does not crash. i tried both ram sticks one by one and pc does not crash. than i tried with only second ram slot. and all problems start >> first ez debug led shows cpu and ram not detect. after sometime pc boot in second ram slot as well. but when i ran heaven benchmark it crashed within 10 minutes ?

i am confused what is wrong with my system is it my ram slot or cpu or other motherboard part ?

one more thing my motherboard is recently rma by msi i think they broke the motherboard.

also i checked cpu for bend pins no bend pins on motherboard. does am4 have pins inside holes of am4 socket??

dgagan

Prominent
Feb 7, 2021
hi guys
cpu ryzen 5 3600
gpu inno3d rtx 2060
ssd crucial bx500 240gb
hdd wd blue 1tb

so guys recently i start getting a problem after i tried primo cache sofware to increase speed of my ssd. after increasing speed i uninstalled primo cache. just after clicking uninstall pc restart itself. than i start getting bsod after bsod and pc stuck in boot loop. i tried to troubleshoot it by uninstalling updates, installing previous save, reset pc, reset bios. but everything fails. than i installed new windows ( formatted ssd before installing windows ).
but still i was receving random bsod. sometimes my pc does not even boot and stuck in post. ez debug led sometimes show cpu not detected othertimes gpu not detected. after doing some more troubleshooting i came to conclusion that it was related to ram. so i test my ram with memtest86 both rams passed in test. than i ran heaven benchmark with both rams installed in motherboard. After running for about an hour pc carshes. than i tried with single ram stick and it does not crash. i tried both ram sticks one by one and pc does not crash. than i tried with only second ram slot. and all problems start first ez debug led shows cpu and ram not detect. after sometime pc boot in second ram slot as well. but when i ran heaven benchmark it crash within 10 mintue

i am confuse what is wrong with my system is it my ram slot or cpu or other motherboard part

one more thing my motherboard is recently rma by msi i think they brock the motherboard

also i checked cpu for bend pins no bend pins on motherboard. does am4 have pins inside holes of am4 socket??
hi guys
cpu ryzen 5 3600
gpu inno3d rtx 2060
ssd crucial bx500 240gb
hdd wd blue 1tb

but still i was receving random bsod. sometimes my pc does not even boot and stuck in post. ez debug led sometimes show cpu not detected othertimes gpu not detected. after doing some more troubleshooting i came to conclusion that it was related to ram. so i test my ram with memtest86 both rams passed in test. than i ran heaven benchmark with both rams installed in motherboard. After running for about an hour pc carshes. than i tried with single ram stick and it does not crash. i tried both ram sticks one by one and pc does not crash. than i tried with only second ram slot. and all problems start first ez debug led shows cpu and ram not detect. after sometime pc boot in second ram slot as well. but when i ran heaven benchmark it crash within 10 mintue

i am confuse what is wrong with my system is it my ram slot or cpu or other motherboard part

one more thing my motherboard is recently rma by msi i think they brock the motherboard

I am a little confused on which ram slots you are actually using. Anormal set up with two ram sticks, with four slots avaialbe, would be slot 2 and slot 4. Could you be a little more clear on what slots you used for testing ram?
thanks for
I am a little confused on which ram slots you are actually using. Anormal set up with two ram sticks, with four slots avaialbe, would be slot 2 and slot 4. Could you be a little more clear on what slots you used for testing ram?
thanks for reply i was talking about 4th slot

dgagan

Prominent
Feb 7, 2021
the 2nd and 4th slots are used in case of msi b450 motherboards the 2nd slot is working fine till now and the 4th slot creating problems

thanks

dgagan

Prominent
Feb 7, 2021
update tried to run memtest while ram in 4th slot display stuck at cpuid info, cache info