Sometimes When Coming Out of Sleep Mode, Windows 10 Fails to See Internet Connection.

Sep 23, 2018
Sometimes when coming out of sleep mode, my computer will claim there is no internet connection (even though there is). Usually, I will just turn off the computer, turn it back on, and everything is fine. Yesterday it was more serious, after I turned the computer off, and back on Windows 10 would not fully boot up. I got as far as getting into my profile, but no icons. There was nothing but that annoying spinning blue circle. Today I tried to enter in Safe Mode. I was turning on the computer and unplugging it when the Windows icon appeared. I heard that doing that three times will activate safe mode. After doing it twice, a message appeared saying "reparing disk errors. This might take over an hour." Now everything is working, but the problem probably isn't gone. That being that sometimes when I come out of sleep mode, windows doesn't recognize any internet connection.

Could there be a virus hidden somewhere? Is there a problem waking my computer up? The computer actually acts like it is still half asleep when it doesn't recognize any internet connection. Even restarting it is an issue during that time when the internet connection is not recognized. I ran the Norton Diagnostics report and it says there is something wrong in Device Manager, but doesn't say what I need to do. Any ideas on what the real issue is, and how to fix it?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Is this a brand name PC or Custom? If brand name, what make/model? if custom, do you know what motherboard?

I would suggest its probably LAN drivers need to be updated. If you tell me what you have I can go figure out what drivers you need.

Sep 23, 2018

It is an HP Compaq Elite 3300 SFF. It is a refurbished one.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Sep 23, 2018

Under Device Manager, and Network Adapters, the first one listed is Intel(R) 82579LM Gigibit Network Connection. I did the automatic update, and it said that I have the latest one, though it is from 2015.