[SOLVED] Son says computer sucks.

Solution
Judging by what I was able to find scrolling through the list, the specs aren't too bad, just definitely out of date is all.

My recommendation would be to apply an overclock to the GPU to get by until you decide to upgrade or build again. If you're looking to upgrade, you could get an i7 from the same generation of processors and get a better GPU. Other than that, it may be better to save up a few bucks and start a new build when its reasonable to do so. Hope this helps! :)
Jan 22, 2020
pretty much knew i was gonna get it handed to me about lack of knowledge.:giggle: I used Hwinfo64 to get the list of what is available. He plays games on Steam and says the graphics are bad. Supposedly this computer was supposed to be able to handle most games and graphics demands. What info would you like that is not in the word document online? He's 12 so he contributes nothing but criticism :LOL::LOL::LOL:. P.s I appreciate your replying. Thanks. Really

USAFRet

Titan
OK.
Speccy is a good tool to get a concise list of parts.
https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy
A screencap of its output would work.

But...It probably does not meet his uber expectations. Therefore, "it sucks".
It's not desperately bad, especially for a 12 year old.
With those parts, turn down the resolution and all the fancy graphics. If he wants to run it all on uber high graphics, it WILL "suck".

Jan 22, 2020
I do not have a ton of money. Just spent 1k to build a custom p.c. at my home so, i want to make his better because he loves mine now. what would you upgrade to in your opinion?

SparkyTech934

Reputable
Jan 22, 2020
Judging by what I was able to find scrolling through the list, the specs aren't too bad, just definitely out of date is all.

My recommendation would be to apply an overclock to the GPU to get by until you decide to upgrade or build again. If you're looking to upgrade, you could get an i7 from the same generation of processors and get a better GPU. Other than that, it may be better to save up a few bucks and start a new build when its reasonable to do so. Hope this helps! :)

Solution
Son says "it sucks"? You respond "No U". : P

There's a lot of information in those Hwinfo64 results, but arguably too much information, making it difficult to read. One has to scroll through too way many useless details about the hardware to hunt for the basic hardware specifications.

Honestly, the hardware doesn't seem "that bad" though. It's about what would amount to a very entry-level gaming system at this point, as far as the major components are concerned. Does he want more performance for running certain games on it or something? A graphics card upgrade would probably make the most difference for that. The 1650 is pretty new, but also fairly low-end as far as current gaming graphics hardware is concerned. How much would you consider spending on a graphics card?