[SOLVED] Son wants an upgrade, said No, was I wrong?

xmasholiday

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2013
My son wants a upgrade and i said theres no point atm let me know if im wrong

So my son and I just built a new gaming rig for him using his own money he earned from working anyways he wanted to know if there was anything else worth upgrading I told him no because for the value there's really nothing else mind blowing i think he can do to push his performance past its current state. I told him its like throwing a ton of money at something that will slightly improve his gaming and it wouldn't be mind blowing or worth it and for him just to wait like a year or two an then see.

Currently he has a B450m bazooka MAX wifi motherboard 16gb of ddr4 3200 MHZ overclocked ram with a GTX 1070 ti video card and a
970 EVO PLUS M.2 2280 1TB harddrive

so yea i told him unless he plans on spending another 500 dollars which he didnt wanna do for a slight upgrade nothing mind blowing
because all the games he plays already run at max settings 1440p or 4k its all pretty much maxed and it literally chews thru games
I dunno maybe im wrong he only was looking to spend like 300 he said and im telling him a cool upgrade or toy he could buy for his computer for around 300 maybe the new Oculus quest 2 coming out because he has VR already but he has the oculus rift cv1 which i know the quest 2 hasn't released yet but from the specs on paper and youtube videos that looks pretty badass compared to his current VR so i told him to get that
what do you guys think?

Please also list the power supply and monitor make and model.
Why does he want an upgrade? What is his specific reason? What games does he play?

The 1070Ti is still a decent card but it won't play all the newest AAA titles at max setting, respectable framerate, and 1440p or 2160p.

xmasholiday

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2013
he said his budget is around 300 and that maybe he could upgrade his video card and im looking at video cards around that price point and yes he technically could get something better but I think the results would'nt be that much better than he already has. He also does like the option I put out aswell upgrading his Oculus rift version CV1. I think his current VR and the upcoming Oculus quest 2 would be like night and day and its around 300$ if he upgrades that.
he wanted me to ask you guys 1st though
but he said he likes the VR upgrade idea also.
he also has a 4k tv and a 144z asus gaming monitor he said

xmasholiday

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2013
He said unless you guys think of a serious upgrade he could add to his current gaming rig he is just gonna go with the VR upgrade option
he plays also BTW witcher 3, GTA 5 , the Newer resident evil games, the new doom pretty much everything

xmasholiday

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2013
too add his current VR the oculus rift CV1 and the one he is interested in getting is around his price point
the upcoming oculus quest 2 mind you it hasnt been released yet but from the specs on paper it seems pretty night and day to me.