News Sony Announces PlayStation 5 Price and Release Date

Ivan Tuzikov

Honorable
Nov 10, 2016
"Sony also revealed the PlayStation Plus Collection, a library of PlayStation 4 games that will be available for immediate download and play on PS5. " How much does this collection/subscription costs??? I'am going to buy PS5 to play mainly PS4 games during the first year of the PS5 life. So deal details would be very interesting.

nightsc

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2003
"Sony also revealed the PlayStation Plus Collection, a library of PlayStation 4 games that will be available for immediate download and play on PS5. " How much does this collection/subscription costs??? I'am going to buy PS5 to play mainly PS4 games during the first year of the PS5 life. So deal details would be very interesting.
Those games come along with the PS+ service, think it as a PS5 bonus.

EricLane

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2013
Gotta say, I want a PS5 for the upgrades to some PS4 games and PSVR but the only game I have interest in is RE 8 in VR. Kinda bummed out. All the hype for this and then no next gen games of interest. I am still waiting for more info on upgrading the small storage capacity, what the PSVR enhancement will entail, UI reveal. Kinda wish they showed this stuff before pre-orders were made available.

jasonf2

Distinguished
And so it begins. Both Xbox and PlayStation coming out of the gate at the same price. Xbox having a minor on paper performance lead, Sony pushing exclusives and a hard drive. The fanboy fights will be fantastic, along with the customer reviews on best buy for the consoles 2 months before release from people who have never seen the consoles. Subscription prices have doubled, games have gone up 20 bucks and the PC graphics card industry has pulled solidly ahead again. I am looking forward to freezing my rear off waiting for the midnight release of my chosen one. All is good and normal in the land of consoles.

neojack

Honorable
Apr 4, 2019
As always, consoles are "inexpensive" but then you have to subscribe to paid services, pay expensive games etc.

where on PC we have the steam sales , humble Bundle , GoG feeding us with a nice quantity of inexpensive games. (downward cheap if you bother buying the AAA's from 2 years+ ago)

Chung Leong

Reputable
Dec 6, 2019
The digital version seems to put the Xbox Series S in a snag. Though I'm sure people will still buy it if they were coming off a Xbox One S and were looking to upgrade.

Microsoft will probably have to throw in 6 months of Game Pass to make the Series S attractive to first-time buyers.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
And so it begins. Both Xbox and PlayStation coming out of the gate at the same price. Xbox having a minor on paper performance lead, Sony pushing exclusives and a hard drive. The fanboy fights will be fantastic, along with the customer reviews on best buy for the consoles 2 months before release from people who have never seen the consoles. Subscription prices have doubled, games have gone up 20 bucks and the PC graphics card industry has pulled solidly ahead again. I am looking forward to freezing my rear off waiting for the midnight release of my chosen one. All is good and normal in the land of consoles.

A 2TFLOP performance difference is not "minor".
The PS5 will struggle to maintain good framerates at full 4K and will resort to some sort of scaling/checkerboarding etc....
Lets not forget all of Sony's claimed performance is max not sustained. Unlike Xbox with locked locks the Sony will be variable depending on thermal headroom and load.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 14196

MS has tons of sales on games. I just got one for $3.50

don't know what you are talking about, seems like you are a console hater so I don't understand why you are in this thread other than to cause trouble.

As for my house, we have all the consoles and will continue to do so going forward. Nay-sayers be darned. We don't monkey with pc gaming. we like to play our games not our pc configs and drivers.

personally I am getting a series x for the main TV and a series S for my room as well (I have no 4K monitor so it is the Perfect thing for my application). Again, there is no snag for MS, it's just your hatred showing through--and I can't take you seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:

jasonf2

Distinguished
A 2TFLOP performance difference is not "minor".
The PS5 will struggle to maintain good framerates at full 4K and will resort to some sort of scaling/checkerboarding etc....
Lets not forget all of Sony's claimed performance is max not sustained. Unlike Xbox with locked locks the Sony will be variable depending on thermal headroom and load.
And so it begins......