Sony Application Resource DLL Error (1-287)

Judy

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2009
The above message pops up on my desktop each morning when i turn on my computer. BTW, my computer turns on VERY slowly. I'm not sure I even understand this enough to choose the proper category and subcategory. Hope you can help!

SpidersWeb

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
lol
This is definately a question for the Windows forum :)
You put it in CPUs. Hopefully a mod will move it for you.

There are lots of possible causes for this:
- new software install has replaced or removed the DLL file
- the Windows XP SP2 security bug thing http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935448/en-us
- random file corruption

The trick is to really find out what program was using that file.
Since it happens on startup, its most likely the software for a Sony camera or something.

If you're running Windows XP (I'm just guessing because you haven't said):
- click Start
- go to Run
- type in msconfig and press enter
- go to startup tab
- look at all the programs, find any that say 'Sony' or have something to do with a sony product you own e.g. 'HandiCam' or software for a Sony DVD writer etc.

This should give you hints as to what program needs reinstalling. If you don't need the program that is failing (which wont be working at the moment anyway), you can untick it here so it wont start again automatically OR find it in Control Panel -> Applications/Programs and uninstall it.

Either that will help you or be completely useless (fingers crossed).
Simple solution really is find the install CDs for any sony equipment you own, and reinstall, or go to control panel and uninstall any Sony software, then reinstall the ones you do need.

If it is a Sony laptop, then I wouldn't really know.

Welcome aboard.