Sony Debuts New Vaio Flip Convertible Line of Notebooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevejnb

Honorable
May 6, 2013
Neat form factor, but my general experience with Sony products is that they have very nice products that they horrifically overprice. Again, neat looking product and I think that form factor would be neat to use, but... When I can get a Windows 8 tablet with an i5 starting at a bit over $600 and then slap a Bluetooth keyboard on it for another $50, how much are they going to charge for this thing?

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
@stevejnb: Therein lies the rub. It seems a lot of companies debuting products at IFA aren't talking pricing and availability. It's hugely disappointing. Without pricing, it's hard to get excited about these products. The price really puts the entire device in context.

Thanks for reading, by the way! :)

deftonian

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
I still like ASUS's vision of a tablet with a docking station keyboard. I think that is the best fit for the Tablet/Laptop market. The keyboard docking station should have the things such as ports, added battery, added HDD space, etc... while the tablet should house the OS.

I think saying this "converts" to a tablet is incorrect since a tablet is an AIO device, while this is just a flip screen. You cannot remove the screen and go mobile with it, just flip it backwards and use the keyboard as a stand.

BringMeAnother

Honorable
Apr 22, 2012
Let's see,

Greater than 1080p screen: check
Larger screen than all the other 13in: check
Haswell: check
Slate mode: check
Active digitizer: check

Well, this has everything on my personal checklist for my new workstation. The only minor thing is that the pen is N-Trig, not Wacom, but that's alright. I hope this will be available for Canada.

JPNpower

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013
I mostly buy the best PC's and use it for the better part of a decade. My Vaio has served me well with its "overpriced" quality. I Think I'll buy this to replace it

Status
Not open for further replies.