Sony Fined £250,000 ($400,000) for 2011 PSN Breach

Status
Not open for further replies.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
For their total lack of security and all the consumers who got the fallout - The fine is a laugh. The security flaw used in the hack (sql-injection) was of the nature than any company who even spent 5 min's looking for vulnerabilitys should have found it, such negligence with peoples data should been fined heavier... but then again its a company and they are worth money while peeps apparently are not!

Sony has said it will appeal the fine! - What a fine company who refuse to pay for their mistakes when their customers got burnt, all that due to their negligence! Last Sony product to ever set its foot in my home, if they don't take responsibility for their mistakes they don't deserve me as a customer!

G

So I was violated being a PSN user but someone else is getting money from this? Now as boogien8 said that really is the real crime there. I guess when the next hack happens all of us PSN users will have to go to ICO and fine them to supply extra research into the safety and security of my information on PSN.

I feel that Sony already made good with their 2 free games and month access to PSN+ (which incidently turned me into a PSN+ subscriber for 2 years running) but as far as trusting them with my CC info again... sorry that trust will take a long time to be restored.

techguy911

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
The security flaw that was exploited was over a year old that means who ever was looking after the servers were not doing their job as there was many security patches that were not installed leaving the servers vulnerable.
So there is no way in hell they will get an appeal, a company that big not looking after their servers deserve that fine that is what you get for cutting corners in server maintenance.

G

Sony will appeal the fine. Yes Sony of coarse because it wasn't your fault ye got hacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.