Sony France Compares PS Vita to Four-breasted Woman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]pacioli[/nom]I compare everything to a four-breasted woman![/citation]
There are many many terrible things I can say in response to your comment there... but I'll refrain.
Instead I'll say this: The lineman across the street from my office window has a terrible case of plumber's crack.

Anyway, not surprised the PS Vita hasn't been a huge success. Smartphones are starting to dominate the handheld gaming market I'm afraid.

There are those that say the ad is sexist and implies that women are playthings or objects. Others just think it's a bit weird.

It actually seems rather..."French"... to me. That is NOT meant to be an insult, just an observation; you would not see an ad like that in the USA (too many prudes).

cscott_it

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
[citation][nom]jtt283[/nom]It actually seems rather..."French"... to me. That is NOT meant to be an insult, just an observation; you would not see an ad like that in the USA (too many prudes).[/citation]

Interesting that you say that. I've heard a few news pieces on the radio regarding the rise of Islam in France and how there is a strong movement against having Islam comingle too strongly with their national identity. In fifty years - if traditional Islam take a strong hold and strongly influences policy and social aspects, they may become more prudish than we in the US.

Back to tech stuff though. Well, I think that it's done a good job of getting my attention at the very least. It's different and so I'll give it a nod of approval.

"PS Vita? Oh you mean that handheld gamething with the four breasted mannequin ad?"

G

Eww, wtf would want breasts in the back too, no thanks! Or four breasts in the front, equally nasty.

*sigh* poor Sony. They have not had a win in a long time.
Here's hoping they get something special with the PS4. Sounds to me like the xBox3 will be packing a modded version of win8, complete with the full package of win8apps available for PC making it a full-on PC with a focus on gaming. Meanwhile Nintendo will eat up the cheap market with all of the kids games. PS4 will most likely be a monster piece of hardware that is overpriced, with no games/apps, ever deteriorating support from developers, and no connectivity between any of Sony's other devices. I love Sony, but they have always had a weird thing going with all of their product lines where they knock things out of the park for ~3-5 years, followed by ~10 years of trash.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
there is not a single comment i can make that wouldnt get me a sanction... i cant even reply to comments...

god i hate it when articles like this pop up and i could make a million great comments but because of how the comments work here, it would be deleted and me with at least a week of no commenting at all.

svdb

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
The translation goes: "Two tactile surfaces, twice more the sensation/feeling."
Interpret that anyway you like. :/

USA version: background, slightly out of focus, of two (or more) keyboards on a cluttered desk. Foreground: hands holding the PS Vita. Caption: Because two tactile surfaces aren't just for work.

ram1009

Distinguished
[citation][nom]ojas[/nom]Well, yeah it is sexist...but more than that, i think it's very,very creepy. :|Wonder what Jane thinks of it?[/citation]

You can't be serious. I might even take up dancing.

Status
Not open for further replies.