Sony Implements Crossbuy Between PS3 and PS Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

@aqualipt
i agree with pc vs PS#, the pc is way better.

but a Galaxy s3 has nothing on the PSP in terms of gaming. you really fell hard on your head for thinking that.

EVILNOD

Distinguished
May 1, 2008
i use my psp 99% for emu.. and i found galaxy s3 powerful enough to just do that.
tho i must say it take time get used to the control.
as for vita.. i give up on sony when sony give up on linux (yea.. i did install it on my ps3 just for the kick)

Vorador2

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
Wait what, Sony doing something for the consumer instead of shameless money-grabbing?

Color me impressed. Except that the CrossBuy feature is supported on a rather measly amount of first party titles. As it stands, it's more of a anecdote than anything else.

mugiebahar

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
What we don't get any love in the south? Just because our family tree goes straight up with no branches doesn't mean we don't have any feelings.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]aqualipt[/nom]Who cares about the PS Vita and PS3 when you have a Galaxy S3 and a gaming PC?[/citation]
You have fun on your SIII. I'll enjoy my MAXX's battery at least twice as long as yours.

billybobser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
Who would really expect to pay for an (overpriced to start with) game twice?

Not to mention the horrendous choice of games available.

No wonder this is a flop.

the3dsgeek

Honorable
Apr 22, 2012
this is the best news i've heard so far from sony this year, or after vita's launch. And this is a good strategy as well. I like it. Because even if i play a game only on my ps3, i'll still have the other one in my library to play it anytime, anywhere on vita.

[citation][nom]aqualipt[/nom]Who cares about the PS Vita and PS3 when you have a Galaxy S3 and a gaming PC?[/citation]

Galaxy S3 :lol:

Yeah, have fun playing anything more than Angry Birds on that...

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
Can't bash Sony on this one, they set it up so when you buy the ps3 version you get the Vita version as well.

Will I ever use it, no I have the original PSP and used it a few times and thats it. Heck I used it for movies and music more than anything before I got my smartphone because it was handy for that on vacation.

dauntekong

Distinguished
May 26, 2011

If you are comparing it to PC, Nothing beats PC. PC is for heavy gamers like us.

Gaming PCs:
Pros: All out Ultra Graphics with 3D 1920X1200+ resolution, unlimited game storage, easily repair, PS3, X360, Wii compatible controllers (needs drivers), MOUSE n KEYBOARD! for the fastest aim snipe n shoot, list goes on n on
Cons: $$$... plus not compatible with game consoles, until someone makes an emulator for it

Game Consoles:
Pros: Cheap, 3D support, has many games that PC dont have, quality is decent
Cons: NO MOUSE n KEYBOARD! No upgrades, dumb down graphics so game consoles can play. obsolete within 3 years or even release date, Red ring, Yellow lights, bad disk, then good luck trying to revive it by reflowing, and the list goes on n on

Console and PC are two different gaming field. Its up to you on how you wish to play.

dauntekong

Distinguished
May 26, 2011

Cell phone? GS3 is nice, but gaming is hands down on the Xperia Play, although its outdated, just love the gaming pad. Sony should make a Xperia Play 2. But GS3 is nothing compare to PSVita, 3DS, Gaming PC and Consoles.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
[citation][nom]Vorador2[/nom]Wait what, Sony doing something for the consumer instead of shameless money-grabbing?Color me impressed. Except that the CrossBuy feature is supported on a rather measly amount of first party titles. As it stands, it's more of a anecdote than anything else.[/citation]

Don't be impressed until it actually happens. Sony has already made it clear they can remove features at their whim or just not deliver them at all. They feel no obligation to actually put out a crossplay game so long as they can claim it on the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.