Sony Launches Low-End Xperia E4, Boasts Two Days Of Battery Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

punahou1

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2010
Phone providers need to get back into the 1 week battery life range. I absolutely hate having to do a daily charge. I can't go anywhere during the week without having to lug along a charging chord...

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
well.. current phones can have long battery life if used only as phones, managed to get my Galaxy S3 to have a 6 day battery life... but only used it on phone calls only. Usually i get 2-3 days of life time with ease ..but if i start heavy internet use half a day and it`s dead.

sirstinky

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2012
Any smartphone can get decent battery life: turn the screen down when not using it, run it on the cell network (turn off WiFi), and close any non-essential apps with task manager. Of course, if you have a quad-core processor, LTE, and a big screen (especially LCD) it's going to use a lot of power. That's the nature of the beast.

What I would like to see is a 1280x720 screen and 16GB storage at a reasonable price (obviously higher than for the E4, but not like $100 more). I don't care about extremely high resolution - seriously, 1440p is bad enough, now they're even going 4K.

Resolution has diminishing returns, so getting to a medium resolution like 720p is worth it, beyond that it has less of a benefit and hurts battery life and performance.

icemunk

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
My girlfriends Moto G has amazing battery life. I have a Note 4, with a huge battery, but it pales in comparison to the battery life of her little phone.

cheesyboy

Honorable
Mar 11, 2013
I wish Sony would make another small-screen smart phone. I've been using the 3.5" Xperia U for over 2 years and would like a replacement which isn't upwards of 4"

5" screen on a budget phone is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.