Sony May Sell PC Business, But VAIO Fans Should Not Worry

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobian

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014
Not a big loss. The VAIO notebooks have gone downhill a long time ago. Samsung is much better. The "loss" of IBM Thinkpad to Lenovo was a lot more tragic because the IBM-era Thinkpads are excellent, specially T series and better.

geof2001

Distinguished
May 23, 2008
wait.. there are vaio fans? They have been over heating bad soldering nightmare bricks of doom for like 10 years. How is this possible.

oj88

Honorable
May 23, 2012
It would be stupid for Lenovo to buy VAIO. Look what happened to HP after it bought Compaq. History repeated itself years later after Acer bought Gateway, But who knows, the same Gianfranco Lanci made the deal for Acer is now the COO of Lenovo. Mr. Lanci has been famous for his ambitious expansion which almost sunk the boat of Acer.

tableholder

Honorable
Feb 4, 2014
If only sony did not try to be the mac of pc's. Their laptops or as a matter of fact, most of their products are always overpriced.

Reynar

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014
If Sony does sell, customer service can only improve. My sister's Vaio laptop stopped working after about 20 minutes of use. After 2 weeks waiting to get the HDD replaced Sony returns it with the OS fried, Sony tech support says it's not their problem, warranty is hardware only eventhough they screwed it up. Tried to restore everything from the restore discs, 2 sets so 8 DVDs, they don't work. So I ended up replacing the HDD and buying Win7 to fix eveything myself.I remember when buying Sony meant paying a little more but getting the best quality. Now it's so bad I'm never buying Sony again and even considered, for about 3 seconds, buying an iCr@p mp3 player.

Status
Not open for further replies.