News Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo To Begin Disclosing Loot Box Odds By 2020

D

Deleted member 14196

Why are they delaying this for a year?

How hard is it to copy a percentage point into a table and post it to their website?
probably so they can make a butt-tonne more money

beaulieu80

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2008
I think this is the best approach to make loot box not a gambling loot by showing up what are the odds of having certains items per type of box.

this is diffinetly a good steps to fix this madness

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
I don't care what the odds are -- I don't want loot boxes, period. I stopped buying and specifically avoid games that have loot boxes now. I don't want a "chance to get the thing" -- I want the thing. I'm done paying for games that contain content I'll never be able to utilize. Progression trees and achievement-based unlocks can't come back soon enough!

Why are they delaying this for a year?

How hard is it to copy a percentage point into a table and post it to their website?
The delay is likely to analyze gambling laws that govern the distribution of prizes. Video game loot boxes are likely not in compliance with laws that govern payouts and percentages. The mechanisms that determine what you receive may also not be implemented in the required way either. Slot machines and other electronic gambling games have a lot of things going on behind the scenes.