sony NR laptop Win Vista- Wireless mouse is jumping around. way to disable touchpad. Vista reinstalled think its conflicting

poochiesan24

Reputable
Mar 5, 2015
sony NR laptop Win Vista- Wireless mouse is jumping around. way to disable touchpad. Vista reinstalled think its conflicting

dr143655

Reputable
Jun 4, 2014
Click Start, Control Panel, Hardware and Sound, Mouse. Here you can look for an option to disable the touch pad if you have the software installed for it like the Synaptics driver. If you don't have that software installed and you don't want to install it, you can disable the touchpad through the device manager: Click Start, Type devmgmt.msc into the Search box, Click the device manager result, Expand Mice and other pointing devices, Right-click the touchpad's entry, In the menu that pops up click Disable.

poochiesan24

Reputable
Mar 5, 2015
Thanks, I'll try that. I'm trying to fix this for a friend. She took it to a repair service and they reinstalled the OS and wiped out all of the Sony info. I've been trying to reinstall what I can from Sony downloads. I did try taking away the wireless mouse and using a usb mouse and that has seemed to help. I couldn't find the option to disable the touch pad in the Control panel. I reinstalled the Alps driver because that was missing. Went into the device manager and did not see the touch pad in any of the pointing device. Will try to find the synaptics driver online and see if by reinstalling it, it gives me the option to disable it. Thanks