Question SONY Playstation PLATINUM headset /w TEMPEST 3D audio

Adanath88

Reputable
Mar 19, 2016
Hello there ,

I have tried to reach sony PS by calling american support , they disabled it, chat is not working, I mailed and called sony ps in my country, they say they dont have that information.
As a paying sony ps customer I thought I am entitled to a technical answer, which I keep getting the answer: "Sorry, but we dont have that information" and that's it.

PLEASE if anyone knows, since they talk about the new AUDIO technology TEMPEST 3D, and they are selling the new headphones 3D SENSE that will support it and they cost around 80 euros.
I have PLATINUM HEADSET from SONY playstation that cost around 150 euro, and they have 3d sound and 7.1 Digital sourround built in.

So my question is:
Since what I have, is obviously BETTER and more expansive, and have 3d sound and have 7.1 surround, DOES ANYONE KNOW if the SONY PLAYSTATION PLATINUM HEADSET will support the new technology of sound TEMPEST 3D with the new games and PS5 or will it only work on the new 3D SENSE headset?!

I allready got the answer "yes, platinum will work on ps5" but that's not my question xD

Thank you in advance whoever knows something ;)

Last edited: