Sony Reveals 'No Man's Sky' Release Date, 'Gran Turismo Sport,' 'Detroit: Become Human' At Paris Games Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
"No Man's Sky" for PC is on my radar just because it might be something different from the usual. A bunch of math nerds wrote code to generate terrain but can they write emotional stories? We shall see. :)

beyondtool

Reputable
Aug 5, 2014
Gutted that after 2 Forzas and 1 Forza Horizon there still isn't even a release date for the next GT. Xbox ones lack of wheel compatibility has prevented me investing, the PS4 has no compelling racing option.

At this rate I'm not likely to invest in any current gen console and stick to PC racing. Ball has been dropped.

80-watt Hamster

Honorable
Oct 9, 2014
I didn't get the mileage (pun unintentional, honest!) out of GT6 that I did from the previous releases, and had planned on skipping the next installment. But for whatever reason, the announcement of GT Sport has me reconsidering. I don't quite understand why this is.

Same here. I played the heck out of GT5...and up towards the end of last year I was still playing the weekly challenges. GT6 I probably have played half as much although on occasion I will actually fire it up and hit some of those challenges.

As a PC sim racer, that series to me has never come close to being a "driving simulator" in feel like true PC sim racers past or present (GTR2, RaceRoom, Assetto Corsa, Project Cars). Project Cars feels good on the PS4 though (I have both versions of that, PC and PS4). I will likely skip GT7...err I mean GT Sport. I do not see Polyphony blowing everyone away considering their slack "improvements" from GT5 to GT6. GT6 still had that dead fish driving feel and crappy sounds of GT5...but I still loved playing them, mostly online with friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.