Sony Reveals that PS Vita Has Sold 2.2 Million Worldwide

Status
Not open for further replies.

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
I mean - it's obviously even lower than that. Sony tries to play good face during bad game.

I think that real numbers would be somewhere around 500000~ (880000 at the most), but NOT two+ millions, there's not that much absolutely stupid people (devoted Sony fanboys) on the planet, even in Japan.

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
[citation][nom]Kami3k[/nom]So you think a company would actually lie to investors/stockholders?HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA![/citation]

It's a Sony. *Saying with "that famous ad"-voice*

maurath55

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
does anyone know if the vita is jail breakable? not for pirated vita games but like emulators and things of that nature

slabbo

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
Is that figure the actual number sold to consumers or are those the shipped numbers? I know Sony likes to use Shipped figures as sales.

geeksinhere23

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012
I own the psp-vita the first day it came out. sadly it does not have any good title to support it yet. but is a good handheld machine I would love to keep it. I think it would be fun to play homebrew games with it. snes. gba. neogeo, sega and psx games I miss so much and I dont have time to play it now. I love all old games made. I do have an iphone(refurbished and cheap). just that I rather to take a nap in the subway instant of playing a 99 cent iphone games.
99 cent iphone games(make you even more tire and feeling empty) vs traditional handheld games(fun and exciting) = masturbate vs having sex with a real woman.

tranzparentl

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
[citation][nom]maurath55[/nom]does anyone know if the vita is jail breakable? not for pirated vita games but like emulators and things of that nature[/citation]

There is VBHL which can run PSP games and some other homebrew but Sony has pulled all the games that have the exploit which allows it to be installed so its tough to get working. Follow this blog for all the updates including any future entry points. http://wololo.net/

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]master_chen[/nom]I mean - it's obviously even lower than that. Sony tries to play good face during bad game.I think that real numbers would be somewhere around 500000~ (880000 at the most), but NOT two+ millions, there's not that much absolutely stupid people (devoted Sony fanboys) on the planet, even in Japan.[/citation]
Of course! You must have access to the PS Vita sales figures right? And like they stated in the article 2.2 Mil is still a very small number of consoles sold. Even the PSP sold more than twice in it's first three quarters.

chomlee

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
The days of handheld systems is over if not at least limited. Games are so accesable by peoples' smart phones now that there is not nearly as much interest as there used to be. The Nintendo DS came in a couple of years before smartphone games and was very popular. After the iphone started comming out with quality games for a fraction of the cost, interest in handheld gaming devices took a dive. Notice the 3D Nintendo did not do that well either.

Lyrick

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
[citation][nom]chomlee[/nom]The days of handheld systems is over if not at least limited. Games are so accesable by peoples' smart phones now that there is not nearly as much interest as there used to be. The Nintendo DS came in a couple of years before smartphone games and was very popular. After the iphone started comming out with quality games for a fraction of the cost, interest in handheld gaming devices took a dive. Notice the 3D Nintendo did not do that well either.[/citation]

And in other news the Nintendo 3DS pushed 17 million units back in April, and has seven million+ selling individual full featured titles priced at ~$40.00, 2 of which sold over 5 million.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
[citation][nom]maurath55[/nom]does anyone know if the vita is jail breakable? not for pirated vita games but like emulators and things of that nature[/citation]

you can already jailbreak the origional psp which is cheaper and handles snes and sega genisis games just fine.... though relies on sony memory sticks that are kind of pricey

Status
Not open for further replies.