Sony Shows off PS4 in Teaser Trailer, More to Come at E3

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
Maybe when someone pulls the stills those flashes will assemble something that doesn't look like an out of focus toaster. Showing only parts makes me question what they're not showing. Promising a lot of interesting things only raises the bar for what they have to deliver. Trying to manipulate direct questions only makes me wonder why they can't give direct answers. I pay attention to what Sony is like as a company. I do not go into this trusting Sony after how they've handled the PS3, PS Mobile, Vita, and their customers, and they aren't doing anything to change that. I don't care how good the hardware is if the seller has the attitude that they can remove things or fail to deliver down the line.

so basically its a black rectangular box with a vented recess around its circumference, vents all across its back and with a wedge shaped front. similar to the wedge of the card reader lid on the original ps3

hitman40

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2010

Yes!!!!! I feel exactly the same. I mean you can play MKV's on the ps3 media server, so far all my MKV's play with TSmuxer except one movie -__-. But the hassle

shikamaru31789

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
I'm piecing the various snapshots together in my mind and I can't say I'm very fond of what I'm seeing. A rectangular black box, with lots of straight edges and square vents. Honestly seems kind of reminiscent of the PS2 design, and I was never fond of it's looks. I like more rounded designs, like the Next Xbox mock-up made by Xbox World magazine for their last issue. Here's hoping that MS delivers a good-looking conservative design tomorrow.

shikamaru31789

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012

Yeah, that's what I plan to do as well. Build a small living room friendly HTPC and buy either the Next Xbox or PS4, maybe both. I'm trying to figure out how to build a powerful enough HTPC in a small enough form factor to meet my needs, but most of the small cases only take single-slot cards, and the most powerful readily available single-slot card, the 7750, isn't powerful enough for me. I'm hoping that either the GeForce 700 series or the Radeon 9000 series coming out later this year will have a single-slot card with at least 1500 gflops.

dietrich1

Honorable
May 16, 2013
this is going to blow away any PC anyone has right now. and for just fraction of the price. i for one am going to buy about 20 of them and sell them on ebay.i'll probably keep 4 for myself, and the profit i make off of the other ones i'll purchase every single game for it. the graphics are going to make all the PC gamers feel so jealous. "omgz! i spent 1300 dollars on my hardware and it doesn't look like that!111" yeah that's because no one makes good PC games anymore. they're all ports. if you want to be a REAL gamer, you're gonna get the PS4. and i'll see you in game. the next COD i hear is going to have such realistic blood splatter, it'll litterally sting your eyes. INCREDIBLE.

dietrich: after you spend $299 on the new ps4 and the cost of your $399 laptop, your already at a price for a computer that will beat the ps4. until consoles can use word, excel, video conversion, photo manipulation, they will always lose to a pc at the same price point of most users laptops. this is assuming the ps4 will be released at $299, it could be as high as $399, and many users spend $499 on their laptop, thats $900, can easily build a pc right now that will graphically far outclass the ps4, not to mention true 1440p or 4k compatibility.

aggroboy

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
Indignant elitism aside, I don't think a $900 laptop can play Watch Dogs at high detail.
You need to bruteforce more horsepower in PC gaming hardware due to severe driver overheads and lack of single-spec optimization, but the payoff is worth it.

hitman40

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2010

What is the purpose of the ps4? Games. So don't bring Word, Excel, to the table. So what if your at a price? If you spend $900 on a desktop, you still have to pay $399 for that laptop (school) so now your at $1300 instead of 900. Now for that extra $400, it got you a nice graphics upgrade, but so what, the ratio is still the same. BTW no $450 dollar laptop beats even a ps3, most laptops up to the $750 price point use integrated graphics

Consoles do what they do best now, movies and games. Watch movies infront of a bigscreen and not having to squeeze around a crappy 23" TFT screen that turns to shit as soon as your off center and gather friends around your Plasma big screen offering infinite viewing angles and popping colors. Play games with your friends next to each other if you want. Console=communal physically confrontation environment. PC=Hardcore Games in isolated environment. Both do what they do best

THUS: Advantages of consoles are more generous for "living room people" No amount of money put into an HTPC can offer that, because a gamepad still offers lacking features for a PC game designed to be used with a keyboard

Sony4

Honorable
May 30, 2013
Dear Sony
I am writing to you today because the other day I bought one of your headsets for a mobile phone, It certainly looks nice and the speakers are honeslty not the worst though you've decided to put the microphone over a foot below my ear. Now why have you done this?, I cant think of any proper headset that would have the microphone near someones belly button, I would probably say that this is not a headset at all, and I would also say that its advertised length of 1.2 meter is complete bullshit due to this very fact, I would probably say that this being labeled as a headset would be considered false advertising and by no means have any rated lifespan greater than a week.
Oh and the plug connectors, gold plated?, puny flakes of recycled gold powder already contaminated with god knows what glued on with god knows what basically toxic as hell and will gradually start to lose adhesion within a week?
Furthermore:
Your alarm clocks are a joke, they dont wake anyone up and certainly dont instill that sense of urgency to the morning that one used to get
Your car audio equipment is a joke, though I noticed you released a new speaker line, such christmas
I opened up one of your VAIO's and its PCB was about 3 inch by 3 inch, essentially nothing at all inside the device.
Your little AM/FM radios hardly make any sound at all, a reason you should kill yourself on behalf of your grandparents.
And, your new playstation 4 and its gay Gaigin developer, Ive read its pre-specs, not that they really make any difference to my opinion of what this overpriced (blessing) will be like, Im sure all its features and accesories are pretty much self explanitory.
and if you still havent figured out why I wrote this or what I am reffering to then the reason why I wrote it is because I felt like it.
ANTI-COPYRIGHT NOTICE: IF YOU FEEL LIKE REDISTRIBUTING THIS (TO WHOEVER ON EARTH YOU PARTICULARLY FEEL LIKE)THEN YOU HAVE EVERY ONE OF MY BLESSINGS TO DO SO. YOU CAN EVEN CHANGE ITS WORDS AROUND TO YOUR HEARTS CONTENT.
:):)

Status
Not open for further replies.