[SOLVED] Sony Soundbar Automatically Switches to Bluetooth When Windows 10 Computer Powered On

Feb 11, 2019
Hello all,

Despite numerous searches, I have been unable to determine the source of this issue. I figured I would ask for help before turning directly to Sony to see if it is a software issue. I have a number of Bluetooth and other audio devices connected to my Windows 10 laptop. One of them is a Sony soundbar that I use as my speakers when I am not using my headset. All is fine with these devices.

However, I recently purchased a new TV and added a Sony soundbar to it as well. I paired it to the computer for occasional use as a music device (it's much more powerful than the little one on my desk). I noticed, however, it was always switching over to Bluetooth every time I powered on my computer. This turns the soundbar on and leaves it on unless I get up and go over to the remote, switch it back to TV, and then turn it off. To attempt to address this, I disabled the device in Windows thinking if Windows wasn't trying to connect to it, it wouldn't turn on. I was wrong. Every time I turn on the computer, even before I log in to Windows, that soundbar is switching over to Bluetooth and then relentlessly flashing saying it's trying to connect (but can't probably because it's disabled in Windows). I have just confirmed the device is disabled in Windows.

Is there a way to resolve this. Why would Bluetooth devices try to switch over and connect to Windows when they are disabled in Windows? Do I need to remove it entirely? Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

Feb 11, 2019
your bluetooth device still remembers your PC, u need to remove hardware key / unpair it on soundbar
https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/00081162

or disable bluetooth standby mode

Hi there. I installed the Sony Music Center app, the only way I could access the Bluetooth Standby settings on the device and have disabled that option. Next time I reboot the computer I will check and see if it fixed the issue. Thanks.