Sony To Overhaul Smartphone Division, Plans For Profitability In 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiad

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012
"image sensor division, for which it hopes to grow sales from ¥890 billion to ¥1.5 billion."

890 billion to 1.5 billion? Some growth.

InvalidError

Titan

With Sony shipping image sensors using embedded phase-detect auto-focus, I have no trouble imagining these sensors becoming very popular in mid/high-end phones/tablets, point-and-shoot cameras, webcams, camcorders, etc. Basically everything expected to rely heavily on auto-focus with enough budget to afford one of these sensors.

bob hays

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012

Its funny cause your username is InvalidError. What he is talking about is 890 billion to 1.5 billion isn't growth. (it should be trillion not billion)

jasonelmore

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
Did you know that 75% of Nikon's camera lineup, Including all of the flagships, use Sony Exmor sensors? That's right. D800, D600, 33xx 53xx, all use exmor from sony. Fabbed at TSMC

nipsip

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012
If their customer service is anything like oneplus, you better hope you get one that works from the start. OnePlus in my personal experience, and believe me, I have experience has the absolute worst after sale customer service of any mobile handset manufacturer and IMO have too many hiccups for mass production without good customer service.

Status
Not open for further replies.