Sony to Pay £250K Fine for 2011 PSN Data Breach

Status
Not open for further replies.
250k is a hefty fine for a small company. For Sony it is a spit in the ocean. But meh, it doesn't matter how good your security is there will be a way around it. Its a risk putting your personal details anywhere that is accessible via the internet. It could happen to any company.

ssdpro

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
These fines are just in place so gov't agencies can say they held the company accountable. £250K is about $377000. In other news, last week I got a $10 parking ticket.

250k......what a joke. I was one of those affected. If you calculate the time I spent offline, and the paltry 'welcome back pack' they gave access to, I think they should have been fined a damn sight more. 250k is one Managers salary in that company per annum. They should be fined millions, instead of hundreds of thousands.......but sure we all know how these things work........big business gets a slap on the hand. TUT TUT TUT.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
unnecessary, as hacking is unavoidable. people with ill intent will do as they please, and with the right tools, they can't be stopped.

just like in the U.S., it seems they're trying to make things 100% safe, unfortunately for the majority of us, that will always be impossible, even if they can tell the future. Watch the scientific documentary called "Minority Report".

Maxx_Power

Distinguished

There is a good documentary about all of this and more, called "The Corporation".

Status
Not open for further replies.