Sony TR3 Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2001

If I install only the driver sets posted on SONY's web site, will I restore
all the functions of the VAIO TR3 functions? Mainly the ZOOM IN/OUT feature,
along with Brightness control, Volume control, firewire, etc. Thanks.

Might want to read into these software /driver installation files a
little further. Sonys good about having the drivers avail for
download but somtimes you have to download specific files prior to
the installation of a particular driver. There usually all there just
have to read it thoroughly. I love the sony notebooks. (aside from
the flaws theyve had in the past) If you still have the OS installed
backup all the info you can using Ghost or a similar util. This way
at least you can go back.

I have a TR1 but didn't try to install without recovery disk so far.

But I know that there's a folder named Drivers on the original and
recovery Disk made System. Looks pretty complete to me.

A friend of mine switched his SONY VGN A Series one from XP Home
Edition to XP Professional a few days ago. He made it to get all
features including Volume and Function Keys.

Burn a CD with your Drivers folder on it and a DVD with a complete
System Backup with Ghost or something like that .
Then you should be on the safe side. I takes some time and sweat
though. Access to internet is helpful. Sony has all drivers for
registered users (VAIO owners).
Your recovery disk has a program section with utilities like the
webcam network smart capture.