Sony Triples PlayStation 4 Profit, Struggles In Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xc311

Reputable
Feb 12, 2015
there is a rumor that depending on its tvs sells this year 2015 sony may and may not sell its bravia tv division
as they did with vaio ... a sony rep in sony world said that ....

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Strangely I love their phones. I prefer them to samsung and apple. I however can not afford the high end models thus my last Sony phone was an xperia play which was an amazing lil piece of hardware.

I have to agree, I had an Xperia Play and it was awesome. Just got an unlocked Xperia Z3 and it is unbelievable. I compared it to my brother in laws S6 and its faster, thinner, awesome battery (2 days!), great features, waterproof too!

jrharbort

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
As an owner of an Xperia Z3 compact, I can safely say that Sony's biggest mistake in mobile is their lack of marketing. Almost uncontested battery life, water proof, front-facing stereo speakers, great camera, etc... All in a package that very comfortably fits in one hand or your pocket. They've also already pushed out a 5.1.1 update for it. I wish more people knew how great these phones were.

Nashten

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
I got an Xperia Z3 the other day as an upgrade from my Nexus 5. While I do love the pure Android experience, the Xperia Z3 is incredible. The battery life is phenomenal as well. And my friend of whom I go hiking with a lot was jealous of it being water proof as I took a video of a creek by submerging it in. :p

I do quote someone though: "Wait, Sony makes phones like that?" They really don't advertise their phones much indeed.

Very happy thus far.

MidnightDistort

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
Would love to get a Sony smartphone, would prefer this over Samsung or iPhones.. but i'm on a strict budget and i really only use my phone for internet, calls and texts. I'm also using Virgin Mobile where i only have to pay $35 a month and if i don't have the money i can delay the payments. I have been saving up for a PS4 though (haha sort of lol), but i'll need to get a new ethernet router.. ugh.. otherwise i'll have to swap through my PC and PS4 if i want to be online.

Dagstar

Honorable
May 11, 2012
As an owner of an Xperia Z3 compact, I can safely say that Sony's biggest mistake in mobile is their lack of marketing.
I totally agree with this statement. I can't remember the last time I saw a Sony phone commercial yet within an hours worth of tv at anytime you're almost guaranteed to see multiple spots from Apple and Samsung. Hard to compete when few know you're playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.