Sony tv buffering on netflix

Dogemon1

Prominent
May 22, 2017
So i purchased a sony KDL-55W650D tv and it has the netflix app and whenever i watch something on netflix it will buffer and go all pixelated randomly for a few seconds or sometimes pauses but the sound keeps going, it only happens on netflix, the youtube app works fine?

The tv is plugged straight into my router with a cat 6 cable and it get 100mbs download so i dont think it is an internet problem

MasterChief86

Honorable
Dec 13, 2016
the youtube app is tv's native app too, right? also, have you checked your tv's network settings? also, try your tv's browser app and see how netflix fares there. if you have a gaming console or another device with netflix's app, try that out too. see what happens

Dogemon1

Prominent
May 22, 2017

Its only netflix that does it, its a 55inch 1080p tv, i have tried to reset the tv log out of netflix and log back in, checked all the network on the tv and all seems fine, i have an xbox one and it works fine on netflix on wifi where as the tv is plugged into the router

MasterChief86

Honorable
Dec 13, 2016
well, looks as if it's your tv. could be settings, could be something else. unless there's something we're missing. but exactly what, that's really hard to tell atm. i'd second 13th monkey here. get the support on the call. do share if it helps.