Sony TV/Monitor 3D

matiasht

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
Hi guys I am looking for a new monitor and I wanted to ask you what do you think about this Sony monitor specifically. Is it good? does it look good? good for gaming?

And two more questions, If I connect my video card with HDMI;

a) Do I still need speakers? or can I use the sound coming from the monitor?

b) To play on 3D with Tri AMD Software, do I need more video card resources (memory) because of 3D Images?

Thanks very much in advance! :D

Solution

Your video memory is more than enough for what you want to do, most GPUs right now are still at 4GB, you're not far off. Enjoy your 3D gaming and watching.

-Lone-

Admirable

Umm, which monitor? Link please?

-Lone-

Admirable
Well, it looks like a nice 3D HDTV, it does come with it's own speakers, so if you don't much much about sound, use those speakers. If you can a lot about sound, you could buy another set of speakers for it. Are you going to use it to play games or watch movies? Most games don't have 3D setting, so 3D is mostly for movies really.

matiasht

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
Ill use it to play, watch some TV Series, not that much, the pair of speakers I have are really normal, I have faith the in built sony speakrs would do the same job at least. I read that with that software I mention I could run ANY game on 3D.
But the main question would be if I need more resources/hardware to play on 3D?

-Lone-

Admirable

Well, which video card do you have now? Maybe a link to it or model number of it?

-Lone-

Admirable

Your video memory is more than enough for what you want to do, most GPUs right now are still at 4GB, you're not far off. Enjoy your 3D gaming and watching.

Solution