Question Sony TV WiFi recurring issue. Do other Smart TVs have same issue!

May 7, 2020
Hi,
I bought a SONY XBR6590H on Black Friday and I have been having recurring WiFi connection issues with it. I have tried setting Static IP but that is not helping as well. The only fix seems to be to do a hard reset or restart the TV. That seems to fix the issue with the TV.

At this point, I am ready to return the TV and get another brand (Maybe Samsung or LG) with more reliable WiFi. I wanted to check with the experts on this forum once to make sure that this WiFi issue not a recurring issue with all Smart TV brands. It would be a waste to return an otherwise good TV to face the same issue with all other TVs as well.

Looking forward to hearing what the experts on this forum have to say about this.

kanewolf

Titan
Hi,
I bought a SONY XBR6590H on Black Friday and I have been having recurring WiFi connection issues with it. I have tried setting Static IP but that is not helping as well. The only fix seems to be to do a hard reset or restart the TV. That seems to fix the issue with the TV.

At this point, I am ready to return the TV and get another brand (Maybe Samsung or LG) with more reliable WiFi. I wanted to check with the experts on this forum once to make sure that this WiFi issue not a recurring issue with all Smart TV brands. It would be a waste to return an otherwise good TV to face the same issue with all other TVs as well.

Looking forward to hearing what the experts on this forum have to say about this.
Have you tried the TV with a wired ethernet connection ?

May 7, 2020
Have you tried the TV with a wired ethernet connection ?
Hello,
Thanks for the response. Yes, it works with a wired ethernet connection and is a workable solution for me.

I was trying to get a sense if the WiFi issue is typical of Smart TV OS or if it is a bug in Sony TV's.

kanewolf

Titan
Hello,
Thanks for the response. Yes, it works with a wired ethernet connection and is a workable solution for me.

I was trying to get a sense if the WiFi issue is typical of Smart TV OS or if it is a bug in Sony TV's.
Streaming and WIFI are not a great combo. Any stationary device should be on a wired connection, IMO.
Not knowing what router you have, what the signal strength is, etc it is VERY difficult for someone that can't interact with your location to debug WIFI. It could be your router, your home, your neighbors WIFI interfering, etc. There are dozens of variables.