Question Sony UP DR200 + Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikey316

Commendable
Jul 31, 2016
Hi,

Our Sony DR200 printer recently decided to stop working. Everytime I try to print I get an error: "Incorrect paper size settings, please check printer driver properties and set the correct paper size."
I've done this but with no success. I can get it to print 8x6 but if I try anything else I get that message again. I need to be ably to print 4x6.

I've tried reinstalling the drivers.
I tried the printer with a Linux Mint machine but that didn't even print 8x6, and Windows 10 didn't even recognise it as a printer. Again, reinstalling drivers each time.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Ideally using either the Linux or the XP machines.

If you have already done this disregard. To reinstall your printer drivers, it's best remove the drivers first; this only works if you have driver installation media (file/CD) for you printer. First uninstall the driver in the Hardware Manager. If the printer driver is in Add or Remove Programs, remove it. Next go to C:\Program Files and see if there is a Sony folder; if so double click on the folder and determine if it contains printer drivers; if so delete it. Next reboot your computer. When it boots up, if Windows says it found new hardware and wants to load the drivers (or something similar) click cancel; if Windows automatically loads the drivers, than the Sony printer drivers still exist on your PC hdd somewhere. At this point use your Sony Printer install media to reinstall the drivers (hopefully it will overwrite any drivers that might remain on your hdd. When the installation is finished, it's always best to reboot your PC. If everything goes right, hopefully your printer will be fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.