Sony Updates PS4 Pro Media Player To Support 4K Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Hmm I thought it could already do this? I guess the media player software was a little behind the streaming service apps. But yeah, still no UHD 4K blu-rays for purists. That's not something they can add with software... the drive doesn't support em.

Not sure whats the big deal everyone makes out of no blue-ray 4k support its not a blue-ray player its a console for games and i think most people don't even buy 4k blue-rays now-days with most things being digital content off the internet.

Shadowman11

Prominent
Mar 28, 2017
I would have upgraded if it had a 4k drive but instead just bought a separate 4k drive. Lots of people buy 4k discs, there's no digital content service that delivers the quality of a UHD disc. Heck, no service that delivers even standard Bluray quality that I know of.
Except maybe that service the rich use to watch even current release movies in their homes. Not sure on its specs.

Vudu HDX comes closest usually about double the bit-rate of other streaming services. I am not sure why there is still no full bitrate service as 4k UHD at full speed would be 80mbits~128mbits(maybe allow you to keep the actual file). I would think you would need fairly expensive TV to even see all those differences when compared to HDX quality streaming if you are just a normal person.

Status
Not open for further replies.