Sony Vaio wont connect to my wifi help!

kateradliff

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013
Okay so I have WiFi. My moms laptop connects fine. My Sony vaio won't. The WiFi switch is on. When I try and connect it says limited or no connectivity with a yellow triangle. Please help. School starts soon and I need my computer to work!

kateradliff

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013
Now that reminds me when I clicked diagnose problem it did say something was wrong with my ip address. Yeah I have access to my moms laptop.

Someone said plug in an Ethernet to my box and comp and it'll fix my problem. Is this true?

Feldmarschall

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
Open control panel, network connections, right click on wlan connection, click properties, click on IP protocol and click properties tab. Then tell me if there is marked "Obtain IP adress auto.." or there are some numbers written.

Feldmarschall

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
Okay. Maybe your's DHCP on router is turned off. Try to connecti with cable to your router to see if there is any connection. If works, then go to you control panel again, and look up for IP settings on Local network adapter. It will give us a clue about your IP range.

tess quizon

Honorable
May 24, 2013

this is the same my situation of my laptop vaio also please help me...i cant connect the wifi...