[SOLVED] Sony Vegas --- CPU usage 100% at all times and crashes constantly ?

Hepodix

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
Hello,
Whenever I edit videos in Sony Vegas, the processor usage skyrockets to 100%.
It doesn't matter how many files I am editing , whether its only a couple, or a lot of video/audio layers, the result is the same. CPU Usage is at 100%
This happened in me in both Sony Vegas 14 and 17, so my guess is that it would be hardware related issue, more specifically, the processor.
This makes the editing virtually impossible and very annoying to try do anything in Vegas.
If I play any games that are demanding, they run normally without any issues.
The CPU temperatures get up to 65 Celcius during Vegas usage so that should not be too high either.

From video settings, I've tried to set Dynamic RAM Preview max to either a low number or up to a 6000MB, but does not seem to change anything, correct me if I am wrong.
I use GPU accelerating too because it has been recommended for me to use.
Video preview quality doesn't seem to change performance either.

Here are my PC specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-9700 3.00GHz
Watercooling: Cooler Master Liquid ML240L RGB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
RAM: 16GB DDR4

And here are the temperature stats when using Vegas:

asd.png

Let me know if any other information is needed, thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Look in Task Manager, Resource Monitor, and even Process Explorer to determine what is using/demanding CPU resources (%).

(Note: You may need to download Process Explorer via Microsoft's website. Process Explorer is free.)

Pay attention to all other resources as well.

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Task Manager, Resource Monitor, and even Process Explorer to determine what is using/demanding CPU resources (%).

(Note: You may need to download Process Explorer via Microsoft's website. Process Explorer is free.)

Pay attention to all other resources as well.

Solution